JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Corona brass.JPG

Please tell me Corona isn't one of them... :eek:
You had to keep making those Corona jokes, didn't you?

You had to keep making those Corona jokes, didn't you?

I'd love to get some Corona, BEER. Any of the others too are fine beer. Not at some $17.00-$19.00 a half rack though. Wifey says the Corona at the store aren't selling. They better discount it before it goes out of date. I'd give 'em $10.00+/- half rack?

rack = case

It's a generational and regional thing...

And lest you think I'm raggin' on @Mikej, I'm in the same generation that calls them racks... :oops:

"Down Under", they call them flats. Kinda like the way we refer to pallets of berries here...

Last Edited:
It was kind of weird to have to ask the bagger to back off, as she just stood there staring at me as I bagged my own groceries after both the cashier and the bagger handled the bags anyways.

One thing I've noticed is no one is social distancing themselves. Countless times we would stop dead in our tracks and wait for idiots to mindlessly walk about not even trying to be apart.
yeah, same observation here. I go wearing my one N95 mask I found in my garage - I won't give it up LOL. Nobody wants my one used N95 mask anyway. And I wear nitrile gloves. Thinking of donning my full face mask respirator with two P100 magenta 3M filters on it. Another item I had hanging around my garage for projects. Let the idiots breath on me. And yes, I remove outer clothing before entering the house and go shower before anything else. These type viruses are susceptible to lipids - breaks down their outer coating. Lipids in common household soaps. You don't need purell for your hands. Wash a lot. Back to the bunker.

We have been using the grocery pick-up service at WM and Fred Meyer, and Costco grocery home delivery options as well as Amazon for some things. I will be picking up an order tomorrow from Fred Meyer.

Wife puts the orders in via an app on her phone, pays for it, and we pick it up a few days later. Works pretty well though it has the same shortages as in-store shopping has of course.

They used to require signature for the orders before they would load your vehicle but that has gone by the wayside given the current situation. On the last WM order they verbally verified my last name from a distance and then opened the hatch door and loaded the groceries in the vehicle.

The Costco 2-day delivery order was incomplete and took a week to arrive. Again, the home delivery faces the same shortages as the warehouse so we take what we can get.

My wife works for whole foods, at least for now (new job in 3 weeks).

They've been pretty good, obviously all stores have approached this in different ways. Newest policy is a laugh though.

Employee walks up to lone walkie outside. Radio inside and employee comes out with a point and shoot thermometer. Take temp and clear employee to enter building. Two things though - no sanitation of shared radio, and thermometer out of calibration reading between 92 and 95 degrees. They'll probably rectify these issues within a day or two. Assuming someone doesn't steel the walkie sitting on a table outside......

wf?

Come at me to point and shoot a thermometer in order that I may be considered worthy to enter and pay over the top prices and get to rub elbows with a bunch earth shoe or birkenstock wearing snots?

Pass...

Hey, it's Portlandia! They'll submit to much more dehumanizing treatment there than just that!

I mean, just look at what the cops do every time those Antifa phuqs throw a hissy-fit in the streets...
The general populace just puts up with their antics and waits until the tantrum is over.
That is, if they aren't beat to a bloody pulp first...

wf?

Come at me to point and shoot a thermometer in order that I may be considered worthy to enter and pay over the top prices and get to rub elbows with a bunch earth shoe or birkenstock wearing snots?

Pass...
In fairness the policy applies only to employees, but still it's policy with a clear lack of foresight - just reactionary to employee panic. I'm sure it'll pass soon because some homeless guy steals the damn radio.

In terms of prices, produce is similar in price point to any other store - in some cases cheaper when you compare price by unit vs price by weight. Where these stores go expensive is in processed food and meat. My wife manages the produce department but soon is leaving retail and managing inventory at an organics distributor. One of the perks is free produce and groceries at cost. Whole foods can take that 20% discount and shove it lol.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top