JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Keep 'em comin' man! Being locked up and out of work has made my life so boring and I have more time now for this kinda stuff!
Oh and by the way, over here in Beaverton there is NO TP Anywhere! Luckily I have been preparing for something like this for years. Got Ammo too. A lot of my friends who used to make fun of me ain't laughing no more!

I'm going to have to look up what I.C. is, but I guess it's someone grabbing groceries off the shelf and delivering to your house?

From what I read, I thought those folk were going on strike as I guess their unionized or the word 'strike' meant they were self-furloughing.

Seems to me if they 'go on strike' their bosses may not be inclined or compelled to take them back into the fold...

Yes, instacart is one of several services that shop for you and deliver it to your location.

Their strike situation, all the news said is they want personal protective equipment. So be it. But, they are independent contractors, not employees. As important as they think a paper mask and hand sanitizer is, as a contractor it's their own personal responsibility. Therefore, it's not a strike, but individuals that refuse to work under the corona shadow.

Last Edited:
W,

Like astronaut suits and cool gas masks or low tech cloth masks and rubber/nitrile gloves?

Our local grocery store employees aren't provided PPE, nor a ton of other different businesses that remain open, but making deliveries put these folk at greater risk?

Well, I guess they might have to search for another high paying job or tolerate the existing conditions.

Went to Fred Meyers on Corn Pass today.

Last week I thought it was getting better.

This week I'm not so sure.

More and more is becoming unavailable. There is definitely a stain to notice on many items. I stared good and hard at some dishwasher style gloves they had in the organic section. Crazy times!

They installed shields at the registers and stickers on the floor to aid in distancing.

Im gonna try Costco next week for meat, going to see if they are also looking worse than a week and a half ago.

Went to Fred Meyers on Corn Pass today.

Last week I thought it was getting better.

This week I'm not so sure.

More and more is becoming unavailable. There is definitely a stain to notice on many items. I stared good and hard at some dishwasher style gloves they had in the organic section. Crazy times!

They installed shields at the registers and stickers on the floor to aid in distancing.

Im gonna try Costco next week for meat, going to see if they are also looking worse than a week and a half ago.
Besides what we already find in short supply (TP, sanitizer, cleaning supplies, etc) what else looked to be in short supply?

I went to a local costco yesterday, meat and veg were full, no tp, sanitizer or napkins, but lots of paper towels, rice was in stock, dairy looked good, plenty o eggs, limits of one per customer were common on many items. They were only allowing so many folks in the store at time, short line outside where the would sanitize the cart handle. Check out had distancing lines on the ground, and taped the recepit to the cart for the door checker to look at, i found everything i was looking for.

Besides what we already find in short supply (TP, sanitizer, cleaning supplies, etc) what else looked to be in short supply?
We have been going weekly as we used to before all this started. This was the first week I went alone, I took my time as the last few times with the wife and kid we rushed.

Im thinking things that don't usually get filled daily.

Chips = full. Breads = baked daily and full. Soda = daily restocked full.

Those boxed items that may sell occasionally are starting to disappear. I'm guessing as they didn't sell well before, thus didn't get restocked as often. However, because the regular items are hit hard, folks are starting to buy these things now. Things like cookies, chocolate, some crackers. Condiments. Nuts. Candies. Organic foods and vegan foods. Last week they had every frozen waffle imaginable, this week very little to chose from or weird flavors. Wine is starting to look hit. Certain beers are looking slim. Certain cereals are looking slim. Baking items are looking slim to none. Oil was available last week. Pretty much none now. Prepackaged DIY bake stuff (muffin mixes) were there last week, gone this week. Spices are starting to dry up.

They are also placing stuff in isles to fill empty shelves. At least two whole rows have mayonnaise on the shelf.

Needless to say, this weeks run really spooked me. I was really shocked to see how much stuff was gone from one week ago.

Went into town a couple hours ago to get meds before my insurance expires at the end of the month.

Then went to Costco for gas. Saw people coming out with nothing but a single 30 roll pack of TP.

Went to Winco to get some vanilla ice cream for my apple pie, and they had 12 roll packs of TP on the shelf. Maybe ten cases or so - I got one for the kids because they were worried about it not being available in stores if they ran out.

As I reported before, most of the hispanic food was still missing, but there was a little more of it. Top Ramen/et. al. was back, but limits on some of it. Plenty of grits (which I had forgotten before) so I got some more. They didn't have the least expensive granola (about 12 cents per oz IIRC) so I got some of the more expensive stuff to mix in with my hot cereal.

Not to many people there at either Costco or Winco.

Why do people feel they need to bring their whole friggin family grocery shopping? It only takes one person to shop for groceries - I do it by myself all the time - do you really need to bring 5 or more people to get groceries! :rolleyes::mad:

Costco has started a policy of limiting access to two people per membership card.
Makes a lot of sense.

My BP med gives me a dry cough. I coughed in Bimart a week ago and every-bodies head swiveled toward me.
"ITS NOT A TUMOR THE VIRUS!!!!"

Since then I've almost hurt myself trying not to cough a few times.

Lisinopril?
You might ask your Dr about a change.
Best,
Gary

I understand. I have a chronic cough.

A dry cough is a common side effect of Lisinopril. The Daktari switched me to another product that is less prone to cause coughing. YMMV.

Last Edited:
That'd be the Lisinopril. I'm down to 5 mg from 20 so its not as bad as it was. It sneaks up on you though.
The HCZ makes you pee like crazy. The Lisinopril was horrible with the constant coughing. That's supposedly part of how it's supposed to work though. I felt like slapping my doc silly. Not sure which is better though. Aside from the peeing, the HCZ can cause foot pain.

Lisinopril?
You might ask your Dr about a change.
Best,
Gary
A change was offered but I went through so many ups and downs getting the dosage right on this one that I didn't feel like starting over again. Now that I'm down to 5 ml I hardly ever cough. Usually just in a public place lately. :eek:
I'm hoping to get off from it completely soon.

I went past Winco Hillsboro - Cornell @ Corn Pass 7pm. There was a line out the door and down the side of the building. Decided not to shop.

Dick's looked deserted.

edit: Cornell road, not Cornelius

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR