JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got three of my four meds today. A statin med - of which I think I must have 4-6 months worth. Amlodipine - about two months. Metoprolol which I am breaking in half, so I have about 2-4 months worth.

Imdur - only have about a month's worth. This is the one med I am not supposed to go cold turkey on. But I am taking a low dose and I never noticed any real effect from it. I hope to get onto Medicare next month, but I am betting it will take a while.

Aren't you getting meds from VA medical??? Only and $8 co-pay for guys like me on Tier 8. They ability to get meds that I could not otherwise afford has saved my life!!! Some generics are cheaper at Walmart, so I pick and choose which ones I want from VA.

Yeah, I'm on Rosuvastatin... tried a few others and got muscle pain. This one works. Metoprolol, I take the max dose... two pills twice a day.

My cardiac doc guessed :rolleyes: that I had congestive heart failure and put me on isosorbide after I had some chest pain, then had abnormal ECG and failed a chemical stress test. After an angiogram and echocardiagram, it turns out it was nothing so he let me get off it.

Aren't you getting meds from VA medical??? Only and $8 co-pay for guys like me on Tier 8. They ability to get meds that I could not otherwise afford has saved my life!!! Some generics are cheaper at Walmart, so I pick and choose which ones I want from VA.

No - up until last week I was employed so my work insurance (it expires after tomorrow) paid most of my med costs:

Metoprolol ER Succinate 25mg Tabs Price with insurance: $9.30 Qty: 30

Atorvastatin 20mg Tablets Price with insurance: $6.23 Qty: 30

Amlodipine Besylate 2.5mg Tablets Price with insurance: $2.22 Qty: 30

As a general practice I try to stay away from VA. But maybe I will look into it.

My cardiac doc guessed :rolleyes: that I had congestive heart failure and put me on isosorbide after I had some chest pain, then had abnormal ECG and failed a chemical stress test. After an angiogram and echocardiagram, it turns out it was nothing so he let me get off it.

I had both nuclear and physical stress tests, angiogram and echo. They found blockages, but did not do an angioplasty because the risk was higher than the benefit. I get angina when I exert myself too much. I have nitro too, but rarely take it. If I stop exertion when the angina hits, then it goes away - taking nitro does not seem to make a difference, or it works no faster than stopping - but I carry it with me almost all the time.

No - up until last week I was employed so my work insurance (it expires after tomorrow) paid most of my med costs:

Metoprolol ER Succinate 25mg Tabs Price with insurance: $9.30 Qty: 30

Atorvastatin 20mg Tablets Price with insurance: $6.23 Qty: 30

Amlodipine Besylate 2.5mg Tablets Price with insurance: $2.22 Qty: 30

As a general practice I try to stay away from VA. But maybe I will look into it.

I had both nuclear and physical stress tests, angiogram and echo. They found blockages, but did not do an angioplasty because the risk was higher than the benefit. I get angina when I exert myself too much. I have nitro too, but rarely take it. If I stop exertion when the angina hits, then it goes away - taking nitro does not seem to make a difference, or it works no faster than stopping - but I carry it with me almost all the time.

That's pretty good prices. VA makes a good backup for a lot of guys that do have other insurance... but it's there if they need it. I understand what you mean about staying away... the big VA facilities can suck. But we have a rural clinic here, it's not the best care, but it's much easier than the VA hospitals which IMO are not top level anyway. But once on VA Medical, you can get VA Choice and see private world docs, that has worked well for me.

That's pretty good prices. VA makes a good backup for a lot of guys that do have other insurance... but it's there if they need it. I understand what you mean about staying away... the big VA facilities can suck. But we have a rural clinic here, it's not the best care, but it's much easier than the VA hospitals which IMO are not top level anyway. But once on VA Medical, you can get VA Choice and see private world docs, that has worked well for me.

For me, the two reasons I stay away from VA have been the feds using VA info against vets and some VA facilities being poor quality. I am guessing that the local VA is probably good, but up until now I have had good insurance and little reason to go to the VA (except I could have saved $ for my hearing aids). The other thing is I have no service related issues except for my hearing.

Either way, I will be doing Medicare from here on out - but it doesn't hurt to have options.

For me, the two reasons I stay away from VA have been the feds using VA info against vets and some VA facilities being poor quality. I am guessing that the local VA is probably good, but up until now I have had good insurance and little reason to go to the VA (except I could have saved $ for my hearing aids). The other thing is I have no service related issues except for my hearing.

Either way, I will be doing Medicare from here on out - but it doesn't hurt to have options.

Yes, I understand. I chose not to do Medicare B because I am low income and it would cost me almost $400/mo for Part B and then secondary insurance.

As far as VA being used against Vets, just stay away from the counseling. I remember O'Bummer wanted to take guns away from all veterans on counseling.

BTW, those with income can still sign up for VA even w/o service connected problems... there is a Tier system... that is what Teir 8 is...some income, no service connected problems. Bush cancelled Tier 8 but the Obama congress restored it.

Albertsons on Farmington @185th Aloha.

I was going to stop by the Thriftway, but Bales is closed - apparently for sometime, but I didn't often go there.

No paper products. All else seemed pretty available.

I went for my "Weekly". Winco was quiet and mellow. Decided to go to Fred's because Winco didn't have garlic. I just don't like Fred's anymore. Seems like a bunch of snooty millennial's. Got a dirty look and a head shake from some uppity 40's something chick that was angry, apparently, that I was in an aisle talking to the produce guy and 5' wasn't enough for her.

People are starting to getting testy, and rude, out there. Wifey has some stories about people getting dickish at the store.

There were maybe half a dozen packages of TP today and it's the first time I've seen any on the shelf since this mess started. It was none of the major brands but at least it's something

Canned goods still pretty sparse.

The frozen food section looks like a ghost town.

Pasta and rice still extremely picked over.

Cleaners and disinfectants almost empty.

In other news the dude in front of me in the checkout line was completely gloved and masked up. Clearly he's worried about germs. He then proceeds to take his wallet out...take the cash and count it out...right on the conveyor belt...where everyone set's their food. :rolleyes:

I went to Tigard Winco to get my lunch today. They actually had toilet paper too, so I picked up a pack for my friend(Limit 1). Great for him, not good for me. Lady at the deli started sneezing or coughing(I couldn't tell) while getting my food. She used the inside of the elbow like doctors tell you, but you know, I'm pretty paranoid about these things at this point. Last Friday, somebody started coughing right behind me at the self checkout(well inside the 6ft distancing). Guess who gets hit again, same self checkout. :s0161:

Most stores well stocked and I wanted to do this many times:

F75298E1-82D5-4DA7-8D56-3621EC82099C.jpeg

I did instacart for the first time today. They must be swamped, as it's 5-days til I get my order.

The $9.95 delivery fee is reasonable, but they expect another 5% for a tip. I spent nearly 300 bucks. So that makes it kind've a spendy service. I could have said no, but I did it anyway. So, I can't bellyache.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top