JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a common side effect of Lisinopril... I have it too. In fact everybody I know has switched to Losartan.

It barely affects me, and only seldom. I've been on the pair since 2007. I'm inclined to stay with it because it's cheap and keep my BP nice and stable. I didn't have RAGING high BP so it's well controlled.

It barely affects me, and only seldom. I've been on the pair since 2007. I'm inclined to stay with it because it's cheap and keep my BP nice and stable. I didn't have RAGING high BP so it's well controlled.

Well lesseeeee, I got anywhare from 145 to 230 and a Lacunar Stroke. Sooooo I take Losartan, Amlodipine, HCTZ, Furosemide, Metoprolol, and my kidney doc still wants to add to it... if the BP don't kill me the meds will. I have very abnormal ECG, turns out its' all from the meds screwing with the timing. Maybe I need a tune up eh?

Last Edited:
This morning Walmart had plenty of most things except paper products. The day old donut cart was stacked to the roof, but did not buy any. The bags of frozen chicken breasts were just gone. And I got surprised when I tried to turn in my bottles and cans.... nope.

Grocery Outlet had a sign on the window saying they are not accepting returns/exchanges for the time being. But they did have lots of frozen chicken breast. No boxes of wine for da wif tho. :(

_nc_ohc=vqjhEtZG_J4AX9yJqs8&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Well lesseeeee, I got anywhare from 145 to 230 and a Lacunar Stroke. Sooooo I take Losartan, Amlodipine, HCTZ, Furosemide, Metoprolol, and my kidney doc still wants to add to it... if the BP don't kill me the meds will. I have very abnormal ECG, turns out its' all from the meds screwing with the timing. Maybe I need a tune up eh?

I got three of my four meds today. A statin med - of which I think I must have 4-6 months worth. Amlodipine - about two months. Metoprolol which I am breaking in half, so I have about 2-4 months worth.

Imdur - only have about a month's worth. This is the one med I am not supposed to go cold turkey on. But I am taking a low dose and I never noticed any real effect from it. I hope to get onto Medicare next month, but I am betting it will take a while.

I went to my local Fred Meyers today as well to pick up a few basic items. I had no trouble finding what I needed, lots of fresh fruit and veggies, lot of meats and poultry and so on, plenty of bread, eggs and milk . Some aisles were still pretty picked over of course. I did score a 6 pack of TP, one per customer ... good stuff tho, double ply ha ha. I also found a container of disenfectent wipes apparently overlooked cuz I knelt down to take a look and there it was way in the back.

Chuck's in Vancouver was sedate. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and shelves were mostly well stocked TP disinfectants and pasta were in short supply or non-existent, Soups and canned goods looked stocked.
I had zero wait in line. I wonder if Chuck's is running all registers to hustle folks through and minimize the number of folks in the store.

For those that didn't keep a stock of paper products on hand before all this mess started, or didn't stock up before the panic buy hit, consider these sources (if still open) for alternative TP:

1) Party supply stores (think Party City, etc.) for cocktail napkins. Dispose of in a trash can dedicated for this purpose. Do NOT flush.
2) Pet supply stores (Petco, PetSmart, etc.) for puppy training pads. Ditto above for disposal.
3) Auto parts stores (AutoZone, O'Reilly's, etc.) for shop rags, car wash sponges, etc. Rinse in a bucket of bleach solution kept next to yer terlet.

While the above measures may seem abhorrent and against the "sensibilities" of most Americans, they are a solution to the situation in which many that didn't prepare or waited too long to do something about their predicament find themselves now.

If one didn't prepare before, one must be creative now...
Obviously from a spoiled generation that doesn't know how to crumple phone books and sears catalogs. LoL
Just grab a couple store ads and you're set!
Tacobell still hands out too many napkins!

Proper technique for using magazines as TP, wad and roll, repeat until soft.
:s0140:

Hey! I've used dried corn cobs... Beat that! :mad:

And the store ads are too slick to be of any use under there. Just sayin'...

I've been informed that the local WinCo to me has set up plastic barriers for the cashier to reduce contact points with customers and that they are only letting 100 people into the store at a time in a controlled environment.

This is in Hillsboro going out towards Cornelius. The last few days have been more tame with more points of down time in the store thats a bit unusual to the clerks but its certainly not like it was a couple weeks ago when the panic was ripe.

Customers seem to be a bit froggy at times. One yelled at my gf and most seem on edge from a week ago. Lately more people have been rather nice and generous.

My daughter texted me that she saw two drivers get into it at an intersection. No collision, just an argument about something. I had one person honk at me in a parking lot because I wasn't moving fast enough for them. People seem to be irritable.

Hey! I've used dried corn cobs... Beat that! :mad:

And the store ads are too slick to be of any use under there. Just sayin'...

Spam mail in your mail box. I get so much of it that even using it to start fires in the woodstove can't keep up with it.

That said, I prefer TP and I have 170 rolls of it in the linen closet. I can't remember when I bought it.

I went shopping with my aunt today in Redmond. Most items were available at Fred's and Safeway. There were limits on some items and people were cleaning the carts. Bi-mart was interesting. They had a big sign saying "Don't bring your bags in. We will give you paper bags for free."

I've been informed that the local WinCo to me has set up plastic barriers for the cashier to reduce contact points with customers and that they are only letting 100 people into the store at a time in a controlled environment.
Stopped by the Winco in S. Salem today. They had a person at the door controlling entry. She would let 1 person in each time someone exited. There was a line of people about half way down the building, all standing 6 feet apart. I decided I didn't need anything that badly.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews