JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The stores were better in my area than they were last week but they were still out of a fair amount...

• There was meat and chicken this week and last week there wasn't
  • There was bleach on the shelves this week...like a dozen bottles. Last week there was none
  • The cleaners/disinfectants looked really sparse but I haven't been paying close attention to this as I'm fully stocked
  • Plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables this week vs. last week which was pretty sparse
  • Still no frozen veggies
  • Pasta was almost nonexistent and there was no rice
  • Canned goods were almost non-existent. There were cans of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes but most everything else was out
  • No toilet paper
Stay safe!

My routine at Costco is surgical gloves, mask, and then, disinfect my hands and face in the car immediately after leaving Costco. I will due double clean of my hand in the car. I will wash my hands in the boys room with the gloves on as well.

My routine at Costco is surgical gloves, mask, and then, disinfect my hands and face in the car immediately after leaving Costco. I will due double clean of my hand in the car. I will wash my hands in the boys room with the gloves on as well.

I just do a little "bump" of sanitizer to get me to and from the store safely. Hurts like hell, but what a rush! :s0115:

My BP med gives me a dry cough. I coughed in Bimart a week ago and every-bodies head swiveled toward me.
"ITS NOT A TUMOR THE VIRUS!!!!"

Since then I've almost hurt myself trying not to cough a few times.

Hydrochlorothiazide, or Lisinopril? Forgot which one gives the dry cough. I take both each day I get a bit of the cough, not too much though.

That's why now you fart to cover up the cough as opposed to how we use to cough to cover the fart.

Hmmm. No. I'm not going to ever fart and cough at the same time if I can help it. Scientific truth, you can hurt yourself doing that. Or at the very least, severely embarrass yourself. :oops:

The neurotics are coming out of the woodwork...

They need some sort of long, hermetically sealed sleep like they have in science fiction movies when the crew has to go into an induced coma for years before they finally arrive on some distant planet.

They all eventually wake up and start bit-ching about some new butt puckering something or other...

Ai Carramba!

alien-out-of-stomach-costume-main.jpg

Everyone over here is getting back into the chicken game for eggs. I just can't go that route again. What a waste of Money and work.
Yes, it is work, and likely not very cost effective...but we did just get 18 fresh eggs in the past two days. Yum for breakfast!

Salem area not bad at all as far as stocking. Early in the day during the week can get pretty much everything but haven't looked for alcohol or wipes...guessing no on these.

It was kind of weird to have to ask the bagger to back off, as she just stood there staring at me as I bagged my own groceries after both the cashier and the bagger handled the bags anyways.

One thing I've noticed is no one is social distancing themselves. Countless times we would stop dead in our tracks and wait for idiots to mindlessly walk about not even trying to be apart.
Lucky you have the patience, i hold my breath and run past. People are oblivious to social distancing and it's pretty obnoxious.
Shelves are empty, gets stocked then gets bought up. Perishables are in supply but preserves are spotty at best. Good luck finding paper products or disinfectants.
There are no Nintendo switch consoles at any fred meyer and the warehouse is totally sold out. Pretty much the same goes for any game console.

I did an early morning grocery trip today, everything was well stocked except for TP and bleach. There was a little of both of those items, and a 1 per limit on TP. This is in Southern Oregon.

I noticed a lot of Sysco brand products too, maybe they are getting more accounts with grocery stores since so many restaurants are closed.

For those that didn't keep a stock of paper products on hand before all this mess started, or didn't stock up before the panic buy hit, consider these sources (if still open) for alternative TP:

1) Party supply stores (think Party City, etc.) for cocktail napkins. Dispose of in a trash can dedicated for this purpose. Do NOT flush.
2) Pet supply stores (Petco, PetSmart, etc.) for puppy training pads. Ditto above for disposal.
3) Auto parts stores (AutoZone, O'Reilly's, etc.) for shop rags, car wash sponges, etc. Rinse in a bucket of bleach solution kept next to yer terlet.

While the above measures may seem abhorrent and against the "sensibilities" of most Americans, they are a solution to the situation in which many that didn't prepare or waited too long to do something about their predicament find themselves now.

If one didn't prepare before, one must be creative now...

Last Edited:
Went into town a couple hours ago to get meds before my insurance expires at the end of the month.

Then went to Costco for gas. Saw people coming out with nothing but a single 30 roll pack of TP.

Went to Winco to get some vanilla ice cream for my apple pie, and they had 12 roll packs of TP on the shelf. Maybe ten cases or so - I got one for the kids because they were worried about it not being available in stores if they ran out.

As I reported before, most of the hispanic food was still missing, but there was a little more of it. Top Ramen/et. al. was back, but limits on some of it. Plenty of grits (which I had forgotten before) so I got some more. They didn't have the least expensive granola (about 12 cents per oz IIRC) so I got some of the more expensive stuff to mix in with my hot cereal.

Not to many people there at either Costco or Winco.

Why do people feel they need to bring their whole friggin family grocery shopping? It only takes one person to shop for groceries - I do it by myself all the time - do you really need to bring 5 or more people to get groceries! :rolleyes::mad:

Why do people feel they need to bring their whole friggin family grocery shopping? It only takes one person to shop for groceries - I do it by myself all the time - do you really need to bring 5 or more people to get groceries! :rolleyes::mad:
^^^^ THIS!!! ^^^^
:mad::mad::mad:

I mean, really, people? My Winco is limiting the number of people they let in the store at a time to "soft enforce" social distancing.
When a family shows up with a half-dozen kids/relatives, all that does is slow down the whole process for everyone.
By sending just one person to the store, 5 or 6 families could be shopping instead of just one.
Have they no brains?
(rhetorical question, I know...) :rolleyes:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR