JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While stupid. I'm amazed at how these charges are being created out of thin air and people are seriously linch mob over these morons.

My last run to Albertsons today in Tigard. We are now locked in at home for who knows how long.
The shelves were much better stocked. Even had TP.
Two bad things I noticed:
1 Other shoppers are not practicing safe distancing. :mad:

2 They put up a small Plexiglas partition for the checker. It is way too small and when you move over to the card machine, there is no protection and you are less than 3 feet away from the checker.
The checkers are low paid and have to work. This has to be a very high risk job with them handling everyone's goods and have people breathing on them from a few feet away. Shame on the stores for not providing better protection for the checkers and shame on their Union for not raising hell over this.

I hit Costco/Winco Tigard Tuesday at about 6PM

Costco was fine except no TP/etc. - they did have paper towels - I got some for the kids. Everything else they seemed to have plenty of, except rice/lentils/etc. They had a limit of one on rice and someone tried to buy two. Other things they had limits of one on.

Winco was mostly okay. No bleach, sanitizer, TP, etc. The dried foods - like ramen/etc. and hispanic foods was pretty well wiped out. They had a limit on everything in that section.

There were not many people in either store. There was no line to get into Costco. I am going into Winco again tomorrow to get some French vanilla ice cream that I forgot; I am having to suffer eating apple pie without ice cream! :eek:

I have no problems bagging my own groceries, at least they will be bagged proper, instead of willy-nilly like they do.:eek::eek::eek:

The wife and I went shopping last Sunday, we had a long list since it was time for our bi-annual shopping excursion... For the most part a few of the stores were void of people, it was o so nice and people respected our space. I won't call it SD butI will call it respecting somebody's else's space, it's only common sense folks, stay away from people!!!
We shopped in three different stores that day to cross everything off of our list which was an impressive feat to say the least. All store employees were very helpful when we asked for assistance And they were not afraid of us since we were old people. But I did get a few stairs from unsuspecting snowflakes as I would walk around the corner of the aisle and be right in front of them.
This is what they were greeted with....
Yeah, LOL, that mask probably didn't do a damn bit of good but I got a kick out of people freaking out. LOL I still laugh every time I see that picture Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

F6AE2B25-410A-435E-A13C-321F62F24BF0.jpeg

Last Edited:
Bag yer own groceries...ok.

I guess the delivery folk, shelf stockers and everyone else involved in making groceries available are sterile, but not those baggers.

Good to know....

The second to last time I went shopping, place to remain unnamed, I saw a checkout person pick their nose. Self-checkout, gloved up, for me where possible after seeing that.

EDIT: one less person in the chain of contact is one less person to worry about.

Albertson's Hillsboro by the Airport Friday 3pm ish.

No paper products - no TP, paper towels, Kleenex etc. Signs posted 1 package / person.

Beer section was stocked.

Deli was available

I didn't look at veggies, who is eating healthy ? I did not find the Cheddar flavored Ruffles the wife likes. There were plenty of other options, tho.

Got up to self check out, 6 stations, but people shopped in groups, so when someone said that station is open, yea, only if you are 2ft from like 6 other people ...

There were huge amounts of food being bought by a few people in the regular check out lines - like 2 carts worth. I guess they didn't want to come back anytime soon.

I'm letting the instacart people do my grocery shopping for me these days.

I always keep a steady stock of sundries and and food items on hand, so i haven't needed anything in the last few weeks.

Just be aware they are going on strike next week:

I'm letting the instacart people do my grocery shopping for me these days.

We've been doing the regular weekly supply run at Fred Meyer all along but now Mrs. Merkt says she wants to do the pick-up thing. They pull the groceries, you pick them up. She won't get to pick her own bananas now.

Just be aware they are going on strike next week:

Interesting. Guess individuals aren't responsible for their own well-being. How soon before workers expect their employers to wipe for them too?

The neurotics are coming out of the woodwork...

They need some sort of long, hermetically sealed sleep like they have in science fiction movies when the crew has to go into an induced coma for years before they finally arrive on some distant planet.

They all eventually wake up and start bit-ching about some new butt puckering something or other...

Ai Carramba!

The neurotics are coming out of the woodwork...

They need some sort of long, hermetically sealed sleep like they have in science fiction movies when the crew has to go into an induced coma for years before they finally arrive on some distant planet.

They all eventually wake up and start bit-ching about some new butt puckering something or other...

Ai Carramba!

Meh..., freeze drying them would be more interesting. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class