JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure if this was the proper forum... Maybe should go in Preparedness forum?

It seems that the rioting and looting is spreading to all major cities across the country. Things are spiraling out of control quickly with the military on alert and ready to step in.

I live in the middle of nowhere with no chance of rioting or looting happening in my area. I can simply choose to not watch the news or go online and be completely oblivious to the chaos and potential birth of a civil war. For now.

How bad do things have to get in the cities before those of us in flyover country are going to be affected? How could we be affected?

Seems there are some pretty smart and astute folks here and I'd be interested in hearing your pontifications on the subject.

I suspect that as soon as the cops and military start actually taking on the "cry-bullies" perpetrating this sheite and they realize it's not anything like Call of Duty on the Xbox or Playstation they'll beat feet back to mama's basement.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times.

Last Edited:
Turn off your tv.

I also stopped reading all the threads in forums I frequent about covid, the riots,
politics and murder hornets. They are no longer interesting. Everyone has popped their cork.
A lot of very good humor to be found though which is refreshing.

The problem is that it's my job to monitor the news and internet; especially the rioting should they affect my company's dozens of field offices.

I try to ignore much of it when home, but I am a bit of a news junkie by habit. It helps that I don't have cable and only Netflix and Amazon Prime video.

I think there would have to be a full and complete breakdown in the cities first. To the point that masses of people started to self evacuate to the countryside bringing the problems with them.

We saw it on a smaller scale at the beginning of the China Virus scare: people left the cities and invaded smaller towns, many of them tourist-y areas. They decimated the local grocery stores and stretched resources to the breaking point. That little scenario wasn't even brought about by panic and it wasn't wide spread.

Unfortunately, insulated doesn't equate to immune. Keep watching the news, you'll see the signs.

The problem is that it's my job to monitor the news and internet; especially the rioting should they affect my company's dozens of field offices.

I try to ignore much of it when home, but I am a bit of a news junkie by habit. It helps that I don't have cable and only Netflix and Amazon Prime video.

Get on the Youtubes.... look past the MSM crap they push out front, there's amazing independent news coverage (from many perspectives) to be found there. ;)

People who live out in the boonies and small towns (that are not bedroom communities) are naturally self-reliant. They will garden, can and hunt as usual. You might have to worry about gangs a bit, but just make sure you have enough ammo. You are way ahead of the game, compared to the cities.

I suspect that as soon as the cops and military start actually taking on the "cry-bullies" perpetrating this sheite and they realize it's not anything like Call of Duty on the Xbox or Playstation they'll beat feet back to mama's basement.
I don't think this will be over until 4 Minnesota cops are convicted and in prison. Let's see who ends up being right.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top