JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have gotten over (some of) my snobbery towards foreign-made ammo. I used to only buy US or Western Europe for everything except Warsaw Pact, but now I am trying out Israeli (IMI) and Korean-manufactured ammo (PMC), at least for range time.

Been looking a lot more seriously at dry-firing options as well, but I am skeptical about the tech solutions described here and elsewhere. Has anybody here found a 'video game' option they like? It all reminds me of the ISMT from the old days.

The shortage has not affected my shooting.

The weather has affected my shooting, as well as my shooting buddy healing up from knee surgery.

I will soon have some catching up to do at the range.:s0056:

I'm too busy making other peoples ammo to shoot much myself. Friday It was just too nice to not take a long lunch so I grabbed a bag o burgers and took my 38 super to the range for an hour of range therapy.

The scarcity of factory ammo hasn't really impacted me, yet. I just roll what I need to continue my regular cadence of practice. However, if scarcity and/or panic pricing continue into mid 2022, I may have to rethink my cadence.

I used to think 5000 rounds of one caliber was a lot. Pre gun ownership, even excessive. But, I also used to think 100mph was fast.

Now 5k rounds is reasonable. Possibly a minimum goal. 100mph is 2nd or 3rd gear. Ignorance of an unknown subject and spouting baseless opinions should been shouted down instead of going on how something is too much.

Video game option for what? Shooting?

Shooting is a physical, interactive experience that cannot be replaced by the superficial, artificial, singularly false illusions created by a video game.

I do not play video games and I have never given the idea of training for shooting via that method thought, but if flight training is common via simulation, it seems to me that something designed for firearms is certainly possible.

Its affected myself a bit in the fact some of the advanced courses I hand lined up are canceling due to not having enough folks signing up (2000 round count courses are prohibitive in cost right now for many people) but more so my friends and family who just recently jumped into the world of firearms, if you are new to all of this, its a ROUGH time to get involved. I also assist in an intro course a few times a month, class is always sold out but students cant afford ammo. We used to run them through 150-300 rounds in the intro courses but now the ammo costs more than the course for them and most shoot 50 rounds and call it.

I have a half dozen new shooters who want badly to go to the range, learn, practice and have fun but ammo is holding them back.

I still get to the range once a month to keep from getting rusty. Except now I only shoot 2 to 4 magazines instead of 2 to 4 boxes.

I brought my wife today so she could practice her preferred EDC a Ruger LCR38. She was very rusty. Could not hit where she was aiming. She did better with my S&W M&P9 2.0, but did not like the rough texture of the grip.

I am thinking that an S&W M&P 380EZ might be better suited for her.

Still live fire once or twice a month but I more than make up for that by using laser training cartridges against a interactive recording target and a timer. I have them in .380, .38Spcl, 9MM, 40SW and .45ACP and don't see a need to practice with those handguns beyond the diagonal distance I get in my garage or the largest room in my house (10-15yds).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top