JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well after thinking on the 930 SPX for some time I picked one up in a trade recently, unfortunately the gun does not cycle most of the time. So I am planning to send it off to Mossberg tomorrow in the hope that they will fix their product.

The gun often leaves the fired round sitting in the chamber with the bolt about a quarter inch to the rear. When it does cycle it will often hang up on the empty case, leaving it stove piped in the chamber. It appears that the gas piston is fit very tight but I don't have a comparator to check it against so I don't know for sure this is the problem.

While firing 75 rounds today the gun did on occasion make it through an entire load but only a few times and that is just not acceptable in a home defense shotgun. I really hope Mossberg will take care of this one. Will post my results here.

Well after thinking on the 930 SPX for some time I picked one up in a trade recently, unfortunately the gun does not cycle most of the time. So I am planning to send it off to Mossberg tomorrow in the hope that they will fix their product.

The gun often leaves the fired round sitting in the chamber with the bolt about a quarter inch to the rear. When it does cycle it will often hang up on the empty case, leaving it stove piped in the chamber. It appears that the gas piston is fit very tight but I don't have a comparator to check it against so I don't know for sure this is the problem.

While firing 75 rounds today the gun did on occasion make it through an entire load but only a few times and that is just not acceptable in a home defense shotgun. I really hope Mossberg will take care of this one. Will post my results here.

The 930SPX is known to be picky with ammo and need some tweaking to handle light loads. What were you shooting through it?

Well so far here is how it goes. Sent an e-mail on the 27th did not hear back so I tried calling, they had one of the leav message and we will call you phone trees. They did call back three days later, oh and I finally got an e-mail response yesterday, telling me to unload the gun and mail it to them. As it turns out that is what I had already done, so now the wait begins.

I hope you get 'er fixed. I went with the FN SLP MK 1 which is the premium Belgian made version of this gun, and I love it. If you don't get satisfaction, try one

Good info on that link. Sonds just like my shoty. Well I sent it off so hope it will not be to long as they sould not have to much in the way of newer guns coming their way.

My one and only expierience with Mossberg was FANTASTIC ! I had an earlier 9200 that wouldnt feed and sent it to them. 2 weeks later a return package arrives with a brand new field grade 930 !!! No letter explaining why so I called them. They said the 9200 came with a lifetime fix or replace warranty and they hoped I would enjoy the 930.

Only problem I had with my new SPX was with the mag tube extension. The follower would get jammed up in either direction. Mossberg was great at sending me new parts 2 times but they were all exactly the same and did not help. I ended up fixing it myself with a bit of smoothing out with a Dremel tool.
As far as shooting and cycling goes, all loads shot well but you could see a big difference in the power as heavy 00 loads would fling the empties quite a ways while light #7 would land much closer to me. The lighter loads will only cycle when shot from the shoulder. When attempted from the hip, the light loads would stove pipe. All others cycled fine from either position. My experience with customer service was good when they finally got back to me. FYI – Love the SPX now as it functions flawlessly!!

Called Mossberg on the 19th to see if they could provide an update as I was approaching their "15 business day" window. After the 10 minute hold I was informed my shotgun was repaired and would be shipping on the 20th. When asked what I owed them they said nothing, that seems good for a second owner. Will take it out shooting when it arrives back, according to the fedex tracking system the gun is getting a trip around Texas right now.

Bought a new and unfired 500. It had FT(Feed) issues.

Sent it in, 3 weeks later it was back, never had a problem since. No charges.

While it's not the gun you have, I would expect service to be similar.

Got the 930 back. They installed a new barrel which took care of the sight issue and repared the cycle problem, just fired a mixed bag of shells (30) with zero problems.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top