JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking into purchasing an H&K P2000 or P2000sk. I have not been able to shoot the P2000 yet; however, I did fire 100 rounds through a H&K USP compact 9mm rental the other night and other than the sights being off a little it seemed like a pretty good pistol. I read that the P2000 is everything the USP is with updates so I felt even better about the purchase. That is until I heard from someone that H&K's customer service is not so good to the civilian market. I did get a not-so-friendly service rep when I called H&K to ask a few questions about the LEM trigger system and the trigger reduction available. I have dealt with the SIG and CZ service departments multiple times and always talked with friendly and knowledgeable people and had overall satisfaction with all issues. So I thought I would ask if anyone has any comments before I spend a ton of money with this company. Also, are parts and accessories easy to get from the manufacturer or aftermarket? Any comments would be appreciated.

I think if you go back in the archives about 6 months you'll see some answers to this same question I posted for the same Model. Didn't get any real good feedback although for the price of the gun in question I would hope to never need any servicing. I've noticed that there are very few H & K's found locally. None at several local stores and only few at those who carry them. Not sure if this is pricing, demand or service issue.

Thanks, I will go back and search for that prior thread and you're right, for the price I would hope it was flawless. However, I own and have owned many great guns but I cannot call any of them flawless.

You guys are like most that I have talked to, love your HK

Most guys I have talked to love their H&K guns as long as they work, which seems to be as good amount of time as any other quality gun (glock, sig, xd, M&P, etc.). That being said, the consensus on their service seems to be that their attitude is "you are Americans, and therefor don't matter to us." Whether that is always the case or not, it has so far been enough of a deterrent for me not to own an H&K. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

The number of times I have called H&K USA support (located in Georgia), I have had a friendly person answer my questions. I proceeded to purchase HK45, USP45 Tactical, Expert and 9mm Expert. HK makes excellent products, easy to shoot, expensive but hold their value better than anything else I have owned (Glock, Sig, Kimber).

If you are considering HK in 9mm, also look at the P30 and then see if you can get your hands on a USP 9mm Tactical or Expert with the match trigger... it's not the same as the standard USP 9mm.

I have owned many HK handguns over the last 20 years, and they are good guns. I had a USP Tactical 45 that wen't DAO on me, and it took 3+ months to get it fixed. I feel that is unacceptical, I sold it, as well as every other HK handgun I owned. Nothing but Sig, Smith and Wesson, and 1911's for me. I used the Tactical 45 for competition, and my season was shot with that pistol. JPG

I dealt with H&K customer service through e-mail and they were very helpful. They provided the info I requested in a complete and timely manner. I love my USP and want to add a few more H&Ks to my collection.

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Wait...was that a serious question? I thought this was the joke portion of the forum...oh...

Anecdotally people will say that unless you are LEO, or .mil, and not an end user, you will be left high-and-dry most of the time.

H&K's customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

As a civilian you can expect no service. It has been this way for 20+ years. H&K has ignored the US military and the federal government's needs. If they ignore multi-million dollar contracts what makes you think they care about your $500-$1000 broken/inoperable firearm?

There seems to be two trains of thought regarding H&K. Those who have been burned by H&K and those who will.

We're getting mixed reviews here. I value all your opinions but wonder if I had asked the same question of say S&W or SIG there would be the same division?

I'd like to find out... why don't you post a "How's S&W or how's Colt" CS? I'd like to know too.

I have two Colts, one S&W and never have had to call the CS for them, so that'd be interesting.

As to the original question, you mean you've never heard the company motto, "Because You Suck And We Hate You?" Really? :s0114: You should Google it!

Last Edited:
I've had two occasions to return handguns to H&K for service.

The first time, I handed the gun over to the dealer late on a Monday. The dealer overnighted it to H&K Tuesday AM. H&K received it Wed AM. They repaired it, test fired it, cleaned it, and overnighted it back to the dealer, who received it Thursday AM. I stopped off at the dealer and had the gun in my hands on Friday.

The second time (different gun), I gave it to the dealer on a Wed. Ignoring the days lost to the weekend, I had it back in the same amount of time - four business days. The difference was that I got a phone call from H&K telling me they'd received the gun, repaired it, test fired it, cleaned it, and sent it back to the dealer. The messages in my voicemail was polite, friendly, and informative, and included a number and name to call if I had further questions.

Both times, I didn't pay a cent.

Will I always get service like that from H&K? Beats me. Was H&K service bad before, but they've cleaned up their act? Am I the one lucky guy on the planet? sI have no idea.

But I'd ignore the feedback you get from anyone who has not actually had dealing with H&K themselves.

Ask Bellevue PD, they have been burned so many times in the last 10 years it is just funny at this point. They will be looking for a different handgun soon. I hear 15-20 bad experiences to every 1 good one.
They make a nice product, don't get me wrong, just the CS sucks. JPG

I have owned several HK products with no concerns about the customer service because my HK's wont break. I'm sure with any product there will be defects for some but mine have been flawless and beleive me, I've abused them. Mine do not sit in my safe all day, I shoot the crap out of them. My USP compact has several thousand rounds through it since I've owned it and I didnt buy it new so the total round count is unknown. Of all my weapons, my HK's are the only ones I trust my life with. I know every time I pull the trigger, It's going to work.

I've sent two pistols back to H&K.

First was a USP 40 FS that I wanted the LEM trigger and night sights added. Was quoted and told 1 week turn around. Received the pistol in 1 week along with a baggie of all the extra parts taken out.

Second was a USP 45 Tactical that had the frame damaged beyond repair. I asked for a new frame and some internals. Was told 3 weeks, mainly for ATF paperwork. I sent some the extra parts I had on hand from the above for them to incorporated to reduce the total expense. Received the pistol in 2 weeks (along with the bill).

Additionally, I've purchased a couple of spare parts from them directly. Some O-rings, and the 5+6 detent plate to remove the decocker function from the USP series.

Everyone says they have bad experiences. I haven't had it. They even gave me extra calendars at SHOT when i asked for them. =)

As for the above poster saying that H&K ignores the US and military sales, that's a crock.

H&K has supplied:
- XM8 prototypes
- XM29 OICW prototypes
- HK416
- XM25 prototype
- HK45 prototypes
- MP5/MP5SD/MP5K for Special Operations/Aircrews
- And other variants for virtually every other military RFQ.

I have owned several HK products with no concerns about the customer service because my HK's wont break. I'm sure with any product there will be defects for some but mine have been flawless and beleive me, I've abused them. Mine do not sit in my safe all day, I shoot the crap out of them. My USP compact has several thousand rounds through it since I've owned it and I didnt buy it new so the total round count is unknown. Of all my weapons, my HK's are the only ones I trust my life with. I know every time I pull the trigger, It's going to work.

I put 22,000 rounds through my HK .45 Tactical, before it took a dump. A few thousand is just getting broken in. I have 45,000 rounds through my Sig 226 with just replacing the recoil springs. No signs of giving up. All I am saying is that HK doesn't give a rats *** about anyone or any LE department out there. Sig, and S&W are tops. Personally I want more when I fork over my hard earned cash!
Best of luck to anyone who owns a HK. JPG

No failures yet for all my HKs. Not a single stove-pipe, jam. So, the only times I have dealt with HK Customer Service was to ask about product availability and detail specifications. There were no surprises.

For that matter, I had good service from Sig and Ruger, never had to use Kimber's nor Glock's customer support.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top