JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was gonna do this before SBR's got legalized here.

Call Liberty, they'll spell it out for you. But basically, if the barrel with the integral can is ALWAYS 16" or longer, it's not an SBR and is just a rifle with a permanent can. Therefore, the can transfers on a form 4 and the rifle itself transfers like any stripped lower would.

Why?

Consider this. You can remove the barrel and install a 20" non-suppressed barrel on any action and it'll just be a rifle again. The can has it's own SN and is the registered part. So for an AR, look at it like this: it's a normal upper with a permanantly attached can with it's own SN. It's no different than welding a can onto an 8"bbl. to bring it to 16" --the can is still the only registered part and it's not an SBR since it can't be removed.

You could form 1 it, but the only reason to do so would be if you wanted an SBR and removeable can, in which case you'd be best off to just do that: form 1 an upper and form 4 a can to fit it. That's what I do.

BTW, there really is no point in integral suppression these days UNLESS you can't have SBR's. Even with .22's --I have a 10/22 with a 4"bbl. and Liberty Essence can and it's quieter than most integrals, cycles with EVERYTHING and is far more compact than an integral. Barrel length has no regard to accuracy in and of itself, so a good short barrel in the hands of a good shooter will perform just as well, as with my 10/22.

If you do your homework, you'll find that integral cans no longer offer the extra decrease in dB's they once did. This Essence is among one of the more quiet .22 cans you can buy (and lightweight and take apart) you can literally hear the different .22 actions over the shot. Shot it without it for the first time in a while and WOW! I don't recall .22lr being that loud! Definitely a spoiled stamp collector now, and I suppress nearly everything I shoot, even the BMG. I reckon I'll have about ten or more cans when all is said and done and pretty much every receiver will be SBR'd (at least on paper).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top