JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been scouting for Elk since beginning of Deer season on a Bicycle behind closed gates on timber company property, Scouting for Elk and just checking the temperature of the Deer, The Deer are just about ready...
Elk, The Bulls are still very receptive to sweet estrus calls... My buddy and I logged ninety two miles on our bikes from Fri AM to the close of Sunday, We are about fifteen and a half miles in...

I have crappy Cell Pics for now, Will get the good ones up when my buddy sends them to me...

The effort it took to get these Bulls was incredible, If you are going to Elk hunt on bikes be prepared, Weight is a real factor, Especially when pushing the bike up hills... You have to consider breaking a axle, Bending a wheel, Stopping going down hill, Then the sore butt and sore taint factor...

This is My 5XFu#*ED Bull...
5XMessedup.jpg
20105XFUED.jpg

My Buddies Spike...
EricsSpike.jpg

The effort it took to get these Bulls was incredible, If you are going to Elk hunt on bikes be prepared, Weight is a real factor, Especially when pushing the bike up hills... You have to consider breaking a axle, Bending a wheel, Stopping going down hill, Then the sore butt and sore taint factor...
Burley makes a sweet trailer for hauling loads by bike. Easy to hose off too.
Won't help you get 'em but will help hauling all the extra gear and or carcass.

I hope the pics are WA tag elk season start so soon for OR hunter?! I am i need of a possible siting of western general tag. Might have to go alone or empty hand like last season

What I meant was I am OR resident our season does not start until November. Your pics shows 10/17/2010 with rifle, I take it you're WA. Second comment was if any one know good location for elk in OR western general area.

What I meant was I am OR resident our season does not start until November. Your pics shows 10/17/2010 with rifle, I take it you're WA. Second comment was if any one know good location for elk in OR western general area.

I'm Oregon... Cascade Bull started the 16th and Ends the 22nd...
Western Oregon has a large amount of Elk... Coast is loaded...
You have first rocky mountain starting on Oct 27th-31st... I prefer early as possible for the calling benefit, But I have called in Bulls in November...

Tell Me what area you have in mind, I will be happy to tell you about anything I know about that area, If anything...:s0155:

burley's are only rated for around 100#'s. Given their design I don't know if I would push it much past that.

Fair enough.
Just trying to make those who have already figured out the bike thing aware of the trailer option.
I don't hunt but suggest it to every hunter/biker I meet.
The usual response is a blank stare followed by a smile when they realize how much sweeter it would be than what they have been doing/planning.
My experience with Burley trailers supports the idea that you can really abuse/overload them without much worry.
Also I'm not trying to suggest you can carry out the whole animal. Just ease the burden.

We have used bikes for years during archery season. We usually bone the meat and ride out with pack boards. Your comment about bending a wheel is right on I have a bent wheel to proof what your saying is true.:D Also brakes are to be considered when going down hill with a heavy load. Con grads a lot of work went into it just makes it sweeter doesn't it.

I a thinking Hag Lake or Browns Camp. Last year a party of 5 of us haul one out with winch @9.5 hours. I do understand western is tough no doubt, but this year we down to 2 guys. Any suggestions?

I a thinking Hag Lake or Browns Camp. Last year a party of 5 of us haul one out with winch @9.5 hours. I do understand western is tough no doubt, but this year we down to 2 guys. Any suggestions?

LOL, You are better than me with two guys, I'm gonna take in my wife that is recovering from a broken leg, A retired military guy that has bad ankles from jumping out of helicopters...:s0155: ... I do know a little about Stimson property around Hag have not been in there for awhile though... Contact the timber manager and then contact David or Herman @ ODFW, They are Biologists for that area...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top