JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Somehow I got on Gabby Gifford's mail list, and got an email. The key point of which was in bold:
"Can I count on you to help us sustain our momentum by making a $5 contribution to Americans for Responsible Solutions right now? "

Here is my reason for asking to be taken off of their list:

Now, I do feel bad about what happened to you in the shooting, but I think you are completely on the wrong track. I also get the VERY strong sense that this is entirely about your and Mark's careers. The AR-15 purchase said it all. Nobody believes the BS story about demonstrating how the background check process is a failure, because it did, in fact, work as intended.

Unfortunately you have hitched your wagon to the wrong horse. Only 4% of Americans think gun additional gun control laws are a priority. Great idea, disarming law abiding citizens while ignoring criminals. How about enforcing laws already on the books? Not flashy, won't get you exposure on talk shows and money from speaking engagements, but WOULD help to prevent shootings like the one you were wounded in. Just a thought...

Every time I see Gabby Giffords get paraded out in front of the public these days, I get a sick and queasey feeling in my stomach. The whole situation feels too much like she's become a puppet to me.

She gets shot, Democratic and/or gun control power brokers lean heavily on her after her "recovery," she is influenced into agreeing, and husband is railroaded into everything to support his wife. Or at least, that's my working theory.

Every time I see Gabby Giffords get paraded out in front of the public these days, I get a sick and queasey feeling in my stomach. The whole situation feels too much like she's become a puppet to me.

She gets shot, Democratic and/or gun control power brokers lean heavily on her after her "recovery," she is influenced into agreeing, and husband is railroaded into everything to support his wife. Or at least, that's my working theory.

I agree, she's being used and her "husband" is going along for the money. He was bragging that they had 25,000 doners in a week, meanwhile the NRA was signing up that many members in a couple days and some days double that.

I had signed up on their website awhile ago to voice my opinion in one of their polls. Ended up on their mailing list and yesterday got a nice letter from them asking for money, along with a long-winded tirade against those "mean, vile senators" for not passing background checks. I figure it at least cost them .35C to send me everything, with no return on investment. Oh well, at lest that's 0.35 that they cannot use against me :)

I had signed up on their website awhile ago to voice my opinion in one of their polls. Ended up on their mailing list and yesterday got a nice letter from them asking for money, along with a long-winded tirade against those "mean, vile senators" for not passing background checks. I figure it at least cost them .35C to send me everything, with no return on investment. Oh well, at lest that's 0.35 that they cannot use against me :)

Glue the nice letter to a nicely sized cement paver, and write "return to sender" on the letter, then drop it off at the post office :s0155:

LOL. Good idea. I've actually heard of people saying to write a check for 0.01c as the group has to process it and cash it, costing them another $ or two. Don't know if its true or not.

I never signed up with them but I also got the nice, expensive fund raising letter today. Now, if lead wasn't so useful and expensive I'd glue the prepaid return label to a brick of it.

I never signed up with them but I also got the nice, expensive fund raising letter today. Now, if lead wasn't so useful and expensive I'd glue the prepaid return label to a brick of it.

Just a brick wrapped in an old grocery bag will work just fine. If you need a brick I got some with three holes in the middle full of worms and spiders NO CHARGE.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top