JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Received an FOI response. What I NEED to know from Open_Wire is if this .pdf response is what was actually sent.
I ask because I never received anything related to 3D file formats... from the .pdf file I received from the state. Nary a single 3d file format file...nor a zip file..

pdf images are NOT illegal. 3D printing files..different story..

Below's the response from the state and the attached pdf THEY say was received. Somethings damn sure amiss because I never received the zip file, just this pdf from them.

I'll be replying to Jensen BECAUSE I wasn't sent the zip file. Never-the-less, I need to know just WHAT was sent to the state. As in send a copy to me or post it here. Hard to call out a politician if the original facts are wrong. Not saying they are but I rely on factual data only!

IF images only were sent, by open_wire, instead of 3d format files, I'm going to be one PO'd individual for the post. IF 3d files were sent by open_wire, and the state is lying I'm going to be one PO'd individual & I'll darn sure pursue the issue. Never the less, there's some truth in here someplace & I want to to know where... My tolerance for lies, liars, mis-quotes, etc. is ZERO wherein it relates to Constitutional rights. I'll willingly pursue anyone verbally & legally to the ends of of the earth when it's related to anyones Constitutional rights.

Dan

Mr. Deckert –
This email is to conclude your public records request. You requested the following:

I would like the email sent to your office on March 19, 2019 with the subject 3d Gun printing including an attachment named product-16116.zip I look forward to receiving the message and attachments from your office.

Attached to this email is an 18-page document (DD-00001 – DD-00018) that is responsive to your request. We did not withhold or redact any information in this file.

Please note that the email received was an unsolicited correspondence that would have been considered transitory in nature. Therefore, while we had this email at the time of your request, it was not required that we keep it.

We are sending this to you free of charge and will now consider this request closed.

Please contact me at the below email address or at Office of the Attorney General, Public Records & Constituent Services, P.O. Box 40100, Olympia, WA 98504-0100, if you have any questions. Thank you.
LaDona Jensen
Director of Public Records & Constituent Services
(360) 586-2533

[email protected]

Attachments

• AG FOI sent_request.pdf
    160.4 KB · Views: 148
  • foi request.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
No way for me to contact Open_Wire via this forum
he/her
locked themselves down for no contact? No response in 4 days but they? were the thread starters and I'm requesting some honesty and answers? So why no response?

This is the kind of stuff that leads me to believe said individuals are intruders seeking to provide false & misleading information while HOPING to never be challenged per their allegations.

Although I've yet to hear back from the ATG office, I'm hoping they actually have 3d files and not images like they sent me. One of the two (open_wire or ATG) is lying & I'm now EXTREMELY interested in which one. No matter what, I will pursue this because I'm retired, have the time, money & knowledge... Yahoo my friends..

Dan

I finally received a response from the ATG office. I'm posting their response here for all to read. What a line of absolute cr*p.. They actually accuse ME of sending them the 3D file and then requesting that they send it back to myself? As it stands, Open_Wire was correct in his/her assertion of what was sent to the ATG office. BELOW the ATG letter is what I sent back. Can hardly wait to hear back on that... :s0142:

Mr. Deckert –

The AGO provided you copies of the requested emails and attachment on April 16, 2019 and closed your request. We noted at the time we responded that it is unusual for a person to send our office unsolicited email for the purpose of making a public records request for that very same email. We pointed out that by creating such work for our public records unit, you are taking staff resources away from processing requests for requesters who are using the Public Records Act as intended.

The emails and attachment were provided in .pdf format, which is the regular process we use to provide copies of records. You have now requested that we provide the zip file attachment in its native format.

The zip file in its native format contains the technical data that could be used to produce a 3D-printed gun. This type of native file cannot be shared without verification that the recipient is a United States resident, is located in the United States, and that the individual receiving the native file is not subject to another State's laws that prohibits such access. See the federal Arms Export Control Act, 22 U.S.C. § 2778 and related International Traffic in Arms Regulations, 22 CFR 120-130. We cannot verify this information with respect to your request. We will not be providing to you the native zip file that you sent to us unsolicited. Your requests remain closed.

La Dona Jensen
Director of Public Records
& Constituent Services
[email protected]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
My reply:
Ms. Jenson,
It's apparently a shame you failed to read, discover or understand the context of our conversation and what was delivered/sent to your office by someone and who/whom requested said information. Specifically, I stated,"I would like the email sent to your office on March 19, 2019 with the subject 3d Gun printing including an attachment named product-16116.zip." I, Dan Deckert, DID NOT SEND any unsolicited file (s) to your office! In that context, I do not appreciate your indignant attitude towards me for another persons actions and blaming me, Dan Deckert, for taking away staff resources.

Per your accusation of, "You have now requested that we provide the zip file attachment in its native format.', that comment is not only erroneous, it's an out right lie of which I do not approve of! I requested the file but have not nor did not "now request" anything you assert. You act as though I sent you a file and then requested the file be sent back to me which is an absolute falsehood!

Per the date of my request, I provided your office with my name and address. Therefore your ending statement of, " We cannot verify this information with respect to your request." is an utter falsehood. Even worse is your outright lie wherein you state,"We will not be providing to you the native zip file that you sent to us unsolicited.".
For the record again, "I sent no such file." What part of that do you not nor cannot understand?

I reject your assertion of you my request being closed. Your office is refusing to comply with a lawful & legitimate FOI request! I'm still requesting a copy of the original file (s) per my original request. I look forward to your office complying with my request.

Dan

Dan, time to call SAF and lawyer up...
I'm rather enjoying the tit-for-tat @ the moment. The more they error, the more I have for a case against them. They should have solicited an attorneys advice before responding as they did... LMAO
I keep helping fund SAF & GOA but am going broke.. :-(

Dan

I find it funny that she first said that they did not, nor redact, any information. Then she states that they won't share the zip file because they cannot verify blah blah blah.

Caught in her own BS bureaucratic lie.

:s0140:

Been awhile since the atg office responded so here's the latest line of B$ from them... only way I can see forward is to file in district court to force compliance.

To: "Dan" <[email protected]>
Sent: 6/24/2019 4:48:48 PM
Subject: RE: Repeated FOI Request (PRR-2019-0276)
Mr. Deckert –
Thank you for your email. Your original request was for the following:
I would like the email sent to your office on March 19, 2019 with the subject 3d Gun printing including an attachment named product-16116.zip I look forward to receiving the message and attachments from your office.

As previously stated, the emails and attachment were provided in .pdf format, which is the regular process we use to provide copies of records. For your convenience, I am enclosing the email with the .pdf file attachment that was originally provided to you.

The zip file in its native format contains the technical data that could be used to produce a 3D-printed gun. This type of native file cannot be shared without verification that the recipient is a United States resident, is located in the United States, and that the individual receiving the native file is not subject to another State's laws that prohibits such access. See the federal Arms Export Control Act, 22 U.S.C. § 2778 and related International Traffic in Arms Regulations, 22 CFR 120-130. As we previously informed you, we are not in a position to verify this information regarding you and, therefore, cannot provide you the native zip file.

Your request remains closed. The Office of the Attorney General will take no further action on this request.

La Dona Jensen
Director of Public Records & Constituent Services
[email protected]

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR