JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Years ago I went through a full-auto class with SAS Phil Singleton. He could play the William Tell Overture on an MP5.

It's a training issue, nothing more. Get to be one with your equipment, the options are endless...

If they do it would be dumb to use anything less than the factory trigger. Also it be wise to not ask any full-auto related questions that can be traced back to their IP address.
Meh, I have my federal permission stamp for my select fire and am waiting on my second. The feds know I have it, because, well, I got my tax stamp through them.

Military M16 platform triggers are two-stage. At least all that I saw or handled while in. I just checked with a friend of my son who just separated from the Corps and all he used and saw were two-stage as well.
Are you certain? A single stage trigger has been used on military ARs since it's introduction in 1964 while SOCOM uses the a Geissele SSF, being the most notable exception.

A video illustrating the difference...

Last Edited:
This thread could be a subtle fishing expedition?

If it's a legit thread I'd like to know what full auto firearm the OP is talking about.
There are potential amounts of glowing from OP, but it could be an honest question from someone who doesn't quite grasp the nuances of how specific firearms and/or legal definitions work.

Of course.....everyone (privately) is free to choose what works best for them.

Yeah.....some match/competition shooters will claim that only a 2 lb release will do for them. Whatever. And then, by the match rules.....some matches will spec a min. trigger weight. And, YES.......some matches will TEST.

LOL....I suspect that in the Military......it's common to just use what they give/issue to you. Safe.....is defined by the armorer and manufacturers. Enough said?

Aloha, Mark

Of course.....everyone (privately) is free to choose what works best for them.

Yeah.....some match/competition shooters will claim that only a 2 lb release will do for them. Whatever. And then, by the match rules.....some matches will spec a min. trigger weight. And, YES.......some matches will TEST.

LOL....I suspect that in the Military......it's common to just use what they give/issue to you. Safe.....is defined by the armorer and manufacturers. Enough said?

Aloha, Mark
Good link, thanks for the read.

I didn't realize the thread was talking about pistols, so I guess ignore my previous posts. There aren't many actual full auto pistols out there, most are actually compact submachine guns such as the MAC-10 & 11, HK MP5K, Ĺ korpion vz. 61, etc. The HK VP70 has a very long heavy trigger pull and three round burst with a cyclic rate of fire of 2,200 rpm, there is no way someone is going to crack off a single round. The Beretta 93R and Glock 18 are full automatic with cyclic rates of 1100rpm and 1200rpm respectively, that is going to be pretty hard to discharge a single round, but that is what they are designed to do, spit lots of lead. Their only practical use is VIP protection and big grins.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top