Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How have you customized your safes to accommodate your handguns?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by glockguy, Mar 12, 2011.

1. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

So i recently got a Safe... nothing special... Sentry 14 gunsafe.. but it is a safe place for me to lock my guns up.

So heres my question, I have mostly handguns and I would like to do something to it to make it hold all my guns.. the one shelf they give u isn't much help.. lol So what have some of you done to make it work for you?

I expect PlayboyPenguin to chime in sometime lol.....

2. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I think you will find that the way I did mine is the easiest and cheapest way. I am a cheapskate so I always find the budget way of doing things. It did go through stages though. I have had a few different configurations.

NewSafe1.jpg

PistolRack.jpg

SAFERACKS.jpg

3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

4. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

nice collection... personally I like the flat shelf or the Book rack style.... those metal racks dont seem to give much support to keep them from banging together. I don't have one, so i cant speak, only what i see and feel.

5. deadeye

If you place the handguns correctly (slant to one side) they dont bump together, but my safe doesnt go for walks very often so it's not an issue if they dont lean the same direction....LOL. The door organizer individual holders are moveable up/down and side to side so the guns dont touch. Those are also somewhat easily bent to fit the individual gun better I just dont do that as I change that collection too much.

6. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

I use a Versatile Rack sitting on the shelf for my guns. They come in a variety of sizes.

7. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Well I got this Shelf today... Ima get some carpet from my buddies stereo store and carpet it...

IMG_0560.jpg

8. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

See? I have long held that gun safes are too expensive......you buy one....and have a little extra room.....that gets filled up so you buy another safe, but then it has a little extra room as well.....kinda like eating peanuts huh guys???

9. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

I made customization of my safe easy. With the bubblegumty economy, I ended up selling the safe after selling most of my guns... :( With 3 rifles and 1 handgun now, I don't need a safe.

10. deadeye

Let me know if you want to add anything else like that in a different size/shape I have alot of wood working tools.

11. Getnlwr

Getnlwr Lake Stevens Member

Penguin, for some reason I just felt very inadequate... Very nice collection! I like the racks myself. I am also using the metal clips that go down the bore and have them hanging from the shelf above.

12. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

whatever you do, Bolt is down :)

13. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I just took some pieces of cardboard and put them in between my handguns. Keeps them from scratching each other and easy to reach between the cardboard to grab the grip of a pistol. Will easily hold ten pistols on the top shelf of my Sentry safe.