JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was crowded and quite busy today. Most folks seemed to be interested in pistols and Black Rifles. There were a lot of firearms going out the door and it looks like a lot of folks are interested in practicing their 2nd Amendment rights.

Attendance was not high, as far as I could tell, and there just wasn't a lot worth buying. I did get to meet a couple forum members while I was there. :)

I wonder if things are settling down with the panic buying? I noticed quite a few AR/AKs on the wall of the gun store today - didn't see any just two months ago. The last WAC show, while busy, didn't have the sense of "panic" the previous two shows I attended seemed to have. There were also plenty of SKS/AK/ARs to be found.

Maybe a combination of things: people got what they want/need already, prices are too high for demand, economy is in the tubes, etc.

i was shocked i went there fri and saw some really goods deals still kicking my self for not scooping them up **** saw colt m4 flat top receivers for $150 ea cardinal forge ones for $90 a billet flat top with port cover and forward assist for $110 brand new spripped carriers for $65 each brand new bolt carrier groups were $139 Polish Niw butler creek 10/22 mags for $12 each . no one had any lpks not that i was looking just looking for a trigger to complete one of my kits and each of the ar guys said they did'nt have any lpks but i did get a trigger from Jerry for $7, good prices for newer tighter fiting ar15 stocks i was impressed by that .saw a lot of complete uppers at fair prices as well , ammo prices are a bit disappointing 7.62x39 is at $300 per k but thats everywhere they had plenty of it though i remember seeing some cheap .223 but i was there so late i was in a rush to get what i had to get and it closed up before i had a chance to go back and get all the stuff i was concidering

i'm kind of thinking of going back tomarrow and picking some of that stuff i saw but im sure it will be all gone by the time i can get there

Calm before storm? :s0114: meh oh meh.

I hope you're right because I don't expect we'll have the same situation we have now by this time next year. Hope we can just get caught up somewhat in the meanwhile.

My barometer is "ammunition-to-go"'s shipping backlog. In December they were two weeks behind, then in early January 7 to 10 days, now they're back up to 9 to 12.

I wonder if things are settling down with the panic buying? I noticed quite a few AR/AKs on the wall of the gun store today - didn't see any just two months ago. The last WAC show, while busy, didn't have the sense of "panic" the previous two shows I attended seemed to have. There were also plenty of SKS/AK/ARs to be found.

Maybe a combination of things: people got what they want/need already, prices are too high for demand, economy is in the tubes, etc.

Met PhysicsGuy Jenny and Mr. Link there.

It wasn't as crazy as DEC.

I was able to get some .223 to start breaking in my bushmaster.

I think the craze is about over. I found Magpul magazines, but at $25 a pop for the non windowed versions, I figure I'll wait until they've produced more than they know what to do with (in oh say, 3 months or so) and pick 'em up for $10 when they have to blow 'em out :D :D

PhysicsGuy - We hit the range for 3+ hours :D it was AWESOME!!!

I'm heading out there first thing tomorrow...

Picking up a shotgun I had on order and a polish underfolder kit build I had refinished...

... and then I get to go shopping... :D

There was a lot of ammo on the floor today,but a lot was headed out the door on hand trucks also.
Only LPK's i saw were 108.00 ea and they were supposed to be Bushmaster parts :( but hard to tell since they were pieced together and thrown in zip lock bags.
Lots of mags,but most were over priced as was most everything.
Keiths was busy as usual.
Biggest purchase i made was a new gun safe,and a big one at that :D
Put some faces to names from the forum,and saw a few familiar ones.
Make sure to take your Bi_mart card and save 2.00 on the door fee.

I found prices ranging from absurd to almost back to pre election normal. All the good "cheap" .223/5.56 (I like BVAC personally) was gone by the time I got there but I did manage to buy Surplus Ammo's last tin of silver bear that they had on hand.

More EBRs to be had on tables, they weren't flying out the door like after the election, but at like $1700 on average for a colt LE carbine I'm not surprised...

All in all I don't think this weekend's show is that bad, not such a madhouse but still fairly busy. It was cool meeting some folks from the boards!

I have been at the shows before most of you were born, I am even thinking of changeing my name to Moses:D:D Doesn't mean I know anything cause I don't:confused:

Things I noticed to change and what everyone saw was

Lot's of black rifles for sale and not as many sold. Some of the dealers are going to be sorry they restocked if they paid alot to do it. Won't be long before prices go down if nothing bad happens.

Ammo was plentiful and as where I sit is near the door and I didn't see anywhere near as much ammo going out the door as I did two months ago. Ammo will go down in price barring some major event.

Some real high quality collectables were there on Friday and were picked up very quickly. Buy good stuff for a good price and you have a fine investment.

Man I had a great time and talked to alot of fine people.

jim

Saw one guy who was trying to sell his commemoratrive Thompson .45, he looked pretty forlorn. I don't think he was having any luck.
I bought a set of iron sights and had some knives sharpened.
Couldn't afford a lot of things I would like to have picked up.

I was there Saturday. First gun show in Oregon and first one in ten or twelve years. ('97 in Oklahoma City maybe?)

I did not buy anything, but I was favorably impressed.

Wow Guns are much higher than I remembered!

The show was great, met some ya from the forum, did not seem to be a shortage of black rifles or ammo. There were also lots of rifle parts. At one time a guy said the wait in line at Keiths table was over an hour. Most prices were too high such as Magpul mags for $25 ea. and high prices on black rifles. I'm good at buying when the prices are high. Had a great time.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top