JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is why when people argue that "this doesnt happen in other countries with strict gun laws" is a fallacy because its not just about the gun laws itself that determine if a country will have lower crime and violence rates, with guns.
Exactly!!

Yea, wait until some nut starts cutting heads off with Katanas and they will all scream "get rid of all the swords, no one needs a katana!!! (Even know it is a cultural icon).
Well... owning a Katana is just as difficult and expensive as owning a firearm. ;) Heads do roll though. Knife violence is rather high, and that too goes largely unreported.

Last Edited:
Its also worth noting that, obviously, Japan is an Island so its way easier to control the flow of illegal guns into the country.
I don't want to give anyone any ideas, but it would be extremely easy to get guns into Japan. There are hundreds upon hundreds of small islands surrounding Japan. Many are very sparsely populated and even more that are unpopulated for a drop off point. It's nealy impossible to monitor the 10's of 1000's of small water craft moving in and out on a daily basis.. and... Korea's just a few hours away by boat.

Well... owning a Katana is just as difficult and expensive as owning a firearm. ;) Heads do roll though. Knife violence is rather high, and that too goes largely unreported.
That's the case, I will sell my Katana back to Japan, probably make a mint considering it's over 150 years old! :p
Never going to part with my 400 year old Wakizashi though.

How Hard Is It To Own A Gun In Japan?

I saw another 'article' this past week about the lack of gun ownership was due directly to America. We dis-armed them after WW2. Of course we did, they were a conquered nation and we occupied the country.
They didn't get back all their rights.

And now this article
oh oh! now do war crimes per country CBS

4fe.png

How Hard Is It To Own A Gun In Japan?

I saw another 'article' this past week about the lack of gun ownership was due directly to America. We dis-armed them after WW2. Of course we did, they were a conquered nation and we occupied the country.
They didn't get back all their rights.

And now this article
Take one point but ignore the huge difference as well. Obesity, overall crime, property ownership, suicide, parking.

America obviously can do better with violence but we prioritize optics over results. We elevate graphic violence as entertainment but are appalled when it plays out for real.

Doing "something" is never a solution. If it were we'd all have perfect scores on multiple choice test. You have to make the right decisions. Looking to other cultures is a cop out. This country has always had an abundance of firearms. Limiting civilian rights has never been the path to a better future.

Things_make_you_go_hmmm_(captioned)_(1).jpg

Just saying.........
BUT.........

In America's Inner cities (example: L.A, Chicago, DC, etc.....etc.....) there is a "certain demographic" that is responsible for a lot of the crime and murder numbers with guns.

Japan doesn't have "that problem".

Aloha, Mark

Yeah but they have the Japanese mob…
In a way... and since criminal elements are a fact of any society... that can be considered better than what we have. Organized, structured and governed criminal activity in the whole, while nearly all but eliminating random local gang activity can be seen to be much better than 1000's of individual gangs all working and fighting against each other and the random acts of violence that spill over into the general population.

Not that I condone it, but it's quite civilized, everyone knows their place and lives with a fair degree of "balance" within society. The would be independent criminal types are actually more scared of attracting the Yakuza's attention more than they are of LE. ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top