JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had mine in less than two weeks from class completion to delivery in my mailbox. Deschutes. Shane Nelson is a rockstar. Every time he tells Kate Brownshirt to pound sand, I get a little warm and tingly inside.

My take away from that article is that the author was expecting a CHL without going through a background check. He also was unrealistically expecting NOBODY else in MultCo to be applying for a CHL and so was surprised that there would be a line of people ahead of him waiting for their background check.

Neat to see how he tries to blame is unrealistic expectations on Portland being "blue". I'm betting his wife's name is Karen too.

Yes, to no short point, I'm saying this guy's throwing himself a little pity party and blaming his unrealistic expectations on everything but himself.
I have to LOL at your contention that reasonable prompt service from our public servants (emphasis on servant) is an "unrealistic expectation." It should not take eight months to secure a license that should not even be required in the first place. The county sheriff sets the policy priorities -- this sheriff could dedicate resources to serving his constituents if he wanted to. He doesn't. The BGC is processed by OSP, not the county. I got mine in just under two weeks in Deschutes County... a mere 180 statute miles, but about a million lightyears away from Portland and its cynical morass of woke "progress" and equality of misery. It is no secret that MultCo sheriff Mike Reese is a big Biden booster so it is reasonable to conclude there is some "blueness" at work in the unacceptable wait time to get a CHL. The blues have demonstrated time and again their disdain for private firearm ownership by responsible adult citizens (yet seem oddly far less concerned by criminals shooting people to steal their stuff).

Last Edited:
Multnomah County was easy. The waiting game was hard. Just have your paperwork in order on appointment day. 10 minute in and out. Then 40 days sitting by the mailbox.

Polk County was relatively easy except I had to convince the clerk that the DPSST armed security handgun certification counted as proof of handgun safety class. She wasn't convinced by me but rather someone more well versed in the office. Other than that slight hiccup it went smooth and I received the card in the mail about 2 weeks after.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top