JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Spent the last two days doing pin removal, detailed cleanings on:
3 10/22's
AR-15
Mossberg 590
Kimber Compact
Ruger Mark III
G17

A few lessons learned:
1. YouTube is your friend
2. You can't clean rifles like pistols :eek:
3. This site rocks :buttrock:
4. 2 days of enclosed exposure to Hoppes produces a nice buzz
5. I know a LOT more about how my firearms work and can't wait to order some 'upgrades'
6. I'm eager to go shoot them again to make sure I didn't screw something up

I'm hunting ducks on salt water,so I did this with my shotgun today.
My buddy calls in the middle of it.
GAWD I hope I remember how to put it back together.

Well I got it.And the doors were opened.
:s0155:

1. You Tube is your friend

+1 !!!

I've been there a couple times myself for just the same reason. Manuals are great but sometimes they don't tell you everything....Like you need to loosen the butt stock a little bit to allow the trigger guard to clear the pistol grip to drop free. You Tube to the rescue ! LoL .

Ain't technology great!! In the old days, we'd have to buy books for the same things we can see with a few keystrokes. I confess to having used You Tube myself a few times - it is incredibly helpful.

Now if it could only provide the answer to perfect breathing, trigger control, sight picture.....

Use the cleaning rod and dime method for the trigger control and breathing control.

You can also make good use of a laser bore sighter..Breathing should be an up and down ending at POA (end of breath=Natural respiratory pause) and the "dot" shouldn't move through the trigger squeeze.

Breathe and squeeze..breathe and squeeze.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top