JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I just personally think it will end with the house compromising with the anti's in a couple areas (background checks/storage law when not in lawful use such as defense etc) and it will have to do. But you are right anything is possible. If you really want to know what i think then its that these attacks are orchestrated by the Government for timing. Look at the UN small arms treaty. The only way obama could make the other parties happy is if he creates a way to remove the same weapons all the other co-signers have managed to remove from their civilians. We are truly Fvcked if thats the case unless we become non compliant thru and thru with any new lawful order that is unlawful as of right now.

Agreed!

Were divided. Yes we here on this site. You do see how easy it is don't you? It's entirely acceptable to have an opinion on this issue, yet I feel it's completely unacceptable to let us as a whole be divided on an issue of such paramount importance as gun control. I care not for someones political persuasion, but if we allow ourselves to be drawn into a liberal VS. Conservative morass and create delineation lines based on those paradigms then we are already beaten.:bsflag:

Were divided. Yes we here on this site. You do see how easy it is don't you? It's entirely acceptable to have an opinion on this issue, yet I feel it's completely unacceptable to let us as a whole be divided on an issue of such paramount importance as gun control. I care not for someones political persuasion, but if we allow ourselves to be drawn into a liberal VS. Conservative morass and create delineation lines based on those paradigms then we are already beaten.:bsflag:

Well, that's a noble thought,, but let's be entirely honest here.
Some people in our community and even on this site voted for that guy and weren't too secretive about it. Many in the gun community smugly told everyone else they full of beans if they thought Obama would go after guns.

They were W-R-O-N-G and now everybody knows it.

A guy told me about ten days ago that pretty soon, we're going to be choosing sides, like it or not. It's an interesting observation.

I got that part Dave, it's the rest of it I'm referring to. That us against them mentality is the first thing we need to rid ourselves of. We will in the future, and I believe sooner than later, need all our voices together if we're to last through this. I'm being entirely honest when I say this also, You know the old saying, united we stand? In this one we are all in it together, or should be.

I got that part Dave, it's the rest of it I'm referring to. That us against them mentality is the first thing we need to rid ourselves of. We will in the future, and I believe sooner than later, need all our voices together if we're to last through this. I'm being entirely honest when I say this also, You know the old saying, united we stand? In this one we are all in it together, or should be.

Agreed. Now isn't the time to point fingers because of who people voted for. Gun owners who oppose the measures that will be proposed need to be as unified as possible.

Some people in our community and even on this site voted for that guy and weren't too secretive about it. Many in the gun community smugly told everyone else they full of beans if they thought Obama would go after guns.

With the current events that have transpired I really don't think it matters who is the POTUS. Kill a bunch of kids and public opinion will change. Simple as that.

Gun owners now need to be smart and stop being so damned verbally offensive. If everyone would be levelheaded like the gentlemen on the Piers show the other night us gun owners would not be painted with the wide brush of crazy like we are. Many view us no better than crazy Ted Nugent. I'm sick of this.

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once."
- Judge Alex Kozinski

This issue is not one, unless we're stupid enough to argue for it (hopefully we're not) that expands our rights. It would merely reaffirm Heller, which aid that arms "in common use" (relfecting an earlier decision re: NFA) is OK.

ANY attempt at expansion at this point will fail. and will likely undermine Heller. This is NOT the point at whch we want to move the bar. We will be lucky to keep it where it is.

Here's a hint locally from the libs in Seattle. Can you imagine some people here actually vote for guys like this? :huh::s0131:

Full-court press by Seattle liberals to gut state gun laws

Seattle liberals are joining the nationwide full-court press led by anti-gun New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg to gut American gun laws, undermine Second Amendment rights and push their prohibitionist agenda by exploiting the tragedy in Newtown, Conn.

<broken link removed>

Jesus Dave, that's the best you can do? quote a couple of city council liberals who we already knew what they would do and you don't even TALK to the Speaker of the House or Senate Majority leader?

Are you under the delusion that most of us who care and who could have any effect LIVE in those areas, or are you completely inept at serious political reporting?

This is high-school newspaper crap, not serious issues reporting.

I want to hear what the Speaker and the Senate Majority leader have to say. Hell, I want to hear what that idiot Kline (Senate Judiciary Chair) has to say. Why do you think that anyone here is surprised that a Democrat on the Seattle CC is anti0-gun? NO KIDDING. This is like "reporting" that the sun is shinning in August and having the nerve to call it "news."

If this is the best you can do, you suck. Or is your gig just ramping up gun owners for no useful purpose?

If you're going to do advocate journalism could you at least do us all a favor and "report" stuff that wasn't already a forgone conclusion?

This! We have to organize or efforts. Also this is the perfect time for our gun loving democrat voting friends to stand up for what is right. I am assured often by my democrat friends (i do have a few ) that a great number of democrats are pro gun. This is the time for those people to stand up and make their voices heard. Their voices carry much more weight in this political climate than mine. Can you imagine the potential impact of a "democrats for gun rights" group that was active with large numbers. It could make a difference in public opinion for certain.

Jesus Dave, that's the best you can do? quote a couple of city council liberals who we already knew what they would do and you don't even TALK to the Speaker of the House or Senate Majority leader?

Are you under the delusion that most of us who care and who could have any effect LIVE in those areas, or are you completely inept at serious political reporting?

This is high-school newspaper crap, not serious issues reporting.

I want to hear what the Speaker and the Senate Majority leader have to say. Hell, I want to hear what that idiot Kline (Senate Judiciary Chair) has to say. Why do you think that anyone here is surprised that a Democrat on the Seattle CC is anti0-gun? NO KIDDING. This is like "reporting" that the sun is shinning in August and having the nerve to call it "news."

If this is the best you can do, you suck. Or is your gig just ramping up gun owners for no useful purpose?

If you're going to do advocate journalism could you at least do us all a favor and "report" stuff that wasn't already a forgone conclusion?

Well, gee, Misterbill, either you didn't read the column, or you skipped civics class...IN HIGH SCHOOL :p ... where it tells you that the House Speaker and Senate Majority leader don't really have much to say about a CITIZEN INITIATIVE, because the INITIATIVE (are you getting this, Misterbill?) bypasses the legislative process and takes an issue directly to the people.

You know, like the marijuana legalization and same-sex marriage measures. State lawmakers don't get to put their pinkies on an initiative.

The anti-gunners here in Washington have decided to try an end-run around the legislature by taking the initiative route, as they did with I-676 back in 1997. That one was crushed. It would have required licensing and registration, training, storage, trigger locks and all kinds of other stuff... Did you support and vote for that, or vote against it?

The Legislature had nothing to do with that measure.

So, tell me just why it would be a valuable use of time to contact people who will ultimately have absolutely no (as in zero, zip, nada) influence one way or the other how this works out?

It's not that I have something against calling Frank Chopp or Rodney Tom at home, but what would be the point?

As for reporting about whether the sun is shining, why would you be interested? Where your head seems to be on this, I doubt you could see it.

So when someone not in government intends to use a ballot initiative process to circumvent The Constitution, it's not news?
You don't believe the people should be made aware of the fact that there are forces willing to forgo the 2/3rds requirement for constitutional revision?

If this were to pass, how many years, and court hours, and citizen dollars would it take to unravel?
And how many of us will lose possessions before it's overruled, never to get them back?
Or have our reputations ruined, and/or have criminal records as a result of this garbage, that will take years and thousands of dollars to be rid of?

For my money, I'd prefer EVERY pro-gun writer in my state to be all over this, shouting it from the journalistic rooftops before it gains ANY traction with those that prefer a constitutional government to mob rule.

But your perspective may be different misterbill. There are certainly a number of your posts here that lean that way.

I believe Dave deserves credit for getting out ahead of the issue instead of waiting, and being put in a reactive/defensive position along with the rest of us.

Keep up the GREAT work Dave!

I know why these shootings occur; its a complicated and devisive issue. It has to do with a culture that has stopped teaching young girls that Motherhood is the highest calling in creation and bowed to the feminist call for equality. A woman is here specifically to create and nurture new life, not compete in the business world leaving a world of latch key children who find inspiration and guidance from 'pop culture, TV, or video games.
Men have abdicated their role as Father, preferring to continue an adolescent fantasy with TV and video games.
We now have 2 generations of people who were raised hating their country, their parents, their race, just about everything around them they don't understand. They were taught the accomplishments of their forebears were nothing or at least equal to some small minority, that belief in God is primitive and square, that Love and chastity are old fashioned and restricting and what really counts is the Orgasm and to have as many as you can and start as young as you can.
They've been taught that Priests and Ministers are Pedophiles, that Homosexuality is GOOD for Society despite 6 thousand years of Philosophical Wisdom and EVERY major Religion condemning it.
They have taken away anything that a young person could be proud of, anything to identify with the simple working world or Northern European ancestors left for us is gone. The family as we knew it has been replace with what?
Kids are smart but their brains are young and unformed and sometimes rebel against being fed crap, and I can see how they look at the world as its offered to them and lash out.

You're spot on but there's a missing piece of the puzzle.. how did "feminism" take over? Who was the main force behind it? Why it's the same people who brought you communism. Discover who they are and you have taken the red pill

Step 5 ) Turn in your neighbor program with rewards for those that think they know someone illegal

Then they do the same with handguns.

^^^^This +1 ^^^^^

They'll never resort to having LE's or the military kicking in doors to confiscate weapons, it's too costly. All they need to do is use the MSM, schools, and other societal pressure to ostracize firearm owners (get them fired from their jobs, sue them, or deny them benefits), and if need be just have family and friends snitch on them for weapons bought through private sales.
Just ask any cigarette smoker in this country if you can't be ostracized, denied employment or bennies. Or ask any Bible believing Christian who dares speak out in school or the workplace.

Gun owners are next, guaranteed.

They have taken away anything that a young person could be proud of, anything to identify with the simple working world or Northern European ancestors left for us is gone. The family as we knew it has been replace with what?
It's all about falsely attributed "Self Esteem" now. There is no reason for it, other than telling young people they are entitled to it just for breathing. No effort required.
A leftist inspired teacher telling them that "darn-it, you're a good person and people 'like' you." Why do you think so many Facebook members have thousand of "friends?" Friends? Really?!?

Because in their upbringing, no one bothered to reinforce the notion of what a true friend really is, and how to tell the difference.
They wake up one day and realize their artificial construct of a life only exists in cyberspace, or academia, and has no bearing on the real world.
So they don't want to live in the real world anymore.

I know why these shootings occur; its a complicated and divisive issue. It has to do with a culture that has stopped teaching young girls that Motherhood is the highest calling in creation and bowed to the feminist call for equality. A woman is here specifically to create and nurture new life, not compete in the business world leaving a world of latch key children who find inspiration and guidance from 'pop culture, TV, or video games.
Men have abdicated their role as Father, preferring to continue an adolescent fantasy with TV and video games.
We now have 2 generations of people who were raised hating their country, their parents, their race, just about everything around them they don't understand. They were taught the accomplishments of their forebears were nothing or at least equal to some small minority, that belief in God is primitive and square, that Love and chastity are old fashioned and restricting and what really counts is the Orgasm and to have as many as you can and start as young as you can.
They've been taught that Priests and Ministers are Pedophiles, that Homosexuality is GOOD for Society despite 6 thousand years of Philosophical Wisdom and EVERY major Religion condemning it.
Kids are smart but their brains are young and unformed and sometimes rebel against being fed crap, and I can see how they look at the world as its offered to them and lash out.

I agree with you Taylor, but I would like to point out one other area the left has cleansed from the picture, and that is God.

Anyone who wants to restrict guns based on the Connecticut our Colorado shootings needs to review the facts. Both of these individuals were highly intelligent. Apparently Mr. Lanza destroyed his computer and went through his house to get rid of any and all forensic evidence, showing he was motivated and wanted no trace of anything found. Same thing with Holmes, he had planned to burn down his entire apartment building.

Now I ask, were these guys motivated to kill? The answer yes. So if guns weren't available to them at all, would their victims still be alive? The answer is no.

You ask why I say no? Because two or three propane tanks cost a lot less than an AR15 and if you are motivated to kill, just two or three regular propane tanks, or heck 5-10 of the smaller camping canisters can be converted into much more destructive weapons, which these guys had the intelligence to do.

In short, we should be thankful guns were used, because the death toll was much less than it would have been otherwise. Hate me and call me insensitive, I don't care. I am speaking based on the facts. These guys wanted to kill, and they were going to do it with or without the guns.

A guy told me about ten days ago that pretty soon, we're going to be choosing sides, like it or not. It's an interesting observation.

Those guys will never get it, and will keep voting for the people who actively work to take their rights away til they are six feet under. They are no different than those who worked in the timber industry pre -spotted owl debacle. People told them over and over again that they we're voting for the same clowns who we're going to destroy the timber industry and leave them jobless. Now those guys are working at Wal Mart for a quarter of what they used to make, and still voting for anything with a D after its name.
Write them off as useful idiots and if necessary consider them enemies, because trying to convince them using logic is like talking to a brick.

^^^^This +1 ^^^^^

They'll never resort to having LE's or the military kicking in doors to confiscate weapons, it's too costly. All they need to do is use the MSM, schools, and other societal pressure to ostracize firearm owners (get them fired from their jobs, sue them, or deny them benefits), and if need be just have family and friends snitch on them for weapons bought through private sales.
Just ask any cigarette smoker in this country if you can't be ostracized, denied employment or bennies. Or ask any Bible believing Christian who dares speak out in school or the workplace.

Gun owners are next, guaranteed.

Next? My friend I was persecuted back in commiefornia in the late 1980s by my immediate supervisor at Intel Corp, after he discovered I was an activist against the AWB legislation. Believe it or not this clown told me his father was about to pass away and he was going to receive his guns, including lever actions, but "no one needs those machine guns".. he eventually got me laid off after months of persecuting me. I had a better job the very next day but I can tell you that was revelation to me concerning the mind of hoplophobes

Those guys will never get it, and will keep voting for the people who actively work to take their rights away til they are six feet under. They are no different than those who worked in the timber industry pre -spotted owl debacle. People told them over and over again that they we're voting for the same clowns who we're going to destroy the timber industry and leave them jobless. Now those guys are working at Wal Mart for a quarter of what they used to make, and still voting for anything with a D after its name.
Write them off as useful idiots and if necessary consider them enemies, because trying to convince them using logic is like talking to a brick.

That is what happens when people blindly vote based on the label. D for democrat R for republican. We can only have the brand name items, I won't accept the other brands, since they aren't Name Brand.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top