JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My friend called Clackamas County last Fall who outright said "this department is not interested in interfering with your Constitutional rights." He explained that he wanted to sell a gun to another friend and they said something to the effect of (paraphrase) "if you both live in Clackamas County, we aren't going to tell you what you can't do."

I was present for this phone call. My assessment was that the department didn't want the trouble that this "law" would cause them. I should give them another call...

I haven't heard anything from Tim Svenson (Yamhill County) regarding actual enforcement, but he was very much opposed to SB941. That makes me think he has no interest in enforcing it.

Last Edited:
My local Sheriff here says his dept will not enforce any anti constitutional restrictions. He is pretty vocal about not enforcing firearms limits or regulations which my state has enacted! As long as I stay with in my county, I'm good! We are in the process of replacing a different county Sheriff's dept completely, and it looks like the new guy is a pretty stand up guy, very pro 2nd!

Spokane county sheriff Ozzie Knezovich made a video with the NRA (pretty much their only involvement), opposing 594 in WA.

It's probably not the sheriffs dept you need to worry about, it's the state police.

They don't support it.

If I were to ever trade somebody or buy, maybe I'd take a stroll into the county area outside city limits.

im not a LEO but i definately dont support it. its unenforcable for firearms pre dating 2015. freaking ridiculous. trust me i wont comply.

My local Sheriff here says his dept will not enforce any anti constitutional restrictions. He is pretty vocal about not enforcing firearms limits or regulations which my state has enacted! As long as I stay with in my county, I'm good! We are in the process of replacing a different county Sheriff's dept completely, and it looks like the new guy is a pretty stand up guy, very pro 2nd!
Which county do live in?

Washington County sheriff put out a statement that was artful in its political treatment. However it is clear he does not support this law and, reading between the lines, it looks like he will not enforce it, although he didn't come out and actually say that.

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs131/1114870388019/archive/1120578104302.html

Indeed, it is hard to see how it could be enforced even if one of them wanted to, other than through very expensive sting operations - and what department has the money for something like that? And what would it accomplish, cramming a few duffers into the criminal "Justice" sausagemaker? I don't think this is much of a threat anywhere in the state; I don't see why anyone would bother complying, certainly if they are outside places like Portland and possibly Salem.

I notice that Statesman Journal article mentioned the positions of three county sheriffs, Marion, Polk and Lane. None support the law.

I'm curious about the law, is it only a matter for county sheriffs? Or is it also for city cops as well? I never hear anything about the positions of city cops on this law.

Have there been any prosecutions in the entire state, yet?

Last Edited:
Have there been any prosecutions in the entire state, yet?

Even with it being unenforced and unenforceable, it is still a victory for the antis. It takes some of the fun out of the experience of meeting for a ftf and casually BSing like free men. Instead they force the ones who refuse to comply to be sneaky and look over their shoulders like criminals. That is in the more urban areas. In the rural parts, life goes on like always, no matter what stupid laws some people who dont have a clue about their way of life might make.

The point is they are winning the culture war. You either comply and give them copies of every transaction you make, or you are forced to hide your actions like a druggy.

I haven't heard of much of any county agencies having the resources nor the inclination to enforce such a scofflaw. I was at a gun show in Albany earlier this year there was a state police officer there (out of uniform of course) looking for anyone violating 941. The only reason I know this is he was talking to a friend and told him why he was there. Seems there will always be someone with no real sense of self worth that will enforce this kind of law. I guess they need a job worse than I ever did.

You should have made a big sign "SB941 COP" with an arrow, and followed him around with it until the whole crowd jeered and shamed him out of the place. Or better yet, "SB941 PIG".

Instead they force the ones who refuse to comply to be sneaky and look over their shoulders like criminals.

You have a point. But one can always turn it into a learning moment, a time to reflect on how well government serves us. :rolleyes: The true relationship between citizen peon and the state.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top