Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How does this new FFL xfer go about?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by soltangris, Aug 30, 2015.

1. soltangris

soltangris Salem, OR Member

Yeah ive bought a gun, so i know how the FFL xfer and cost works... So now I want to sell a gun, do the same places offer person to person ffl xfer and at the same prices? Or do just select places offer?

2. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Some do and some don't, also prices vary. Have to call around.

3. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yep, you'll have to do some research. As Trailboss said, not every one may do a transfer for a personal sale, and prices may vary quite a bit. I know of two that will do it for $25 total (including the BGC) up in the PDX area. Others have reported $40-$50. Shop around a bit.

4. soltangris

soltangris Salem, OR Member

anyone know a place in or near salem?

5. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

As ridiculous as this law is, 25 bucks is pretty classy, but on the other hand, time is worth money, paperwork and legal responsibility is also at issue so if there's no other place without a lot of travel I can see a shop getting 40, after that it seems a little greedy but that's capitalism, people are paying ridiculous prices for 22 shells and you don't have to comply, your choice.

Dyjital and U201491 like this.
  6. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

The like is for the last 7 words.

7. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm in the no sale category myself. And if it's a long gun, I'll probably just go to WA. OR has no jurisdiction there, and as long as the feds allow it, you can buy there, legally, and keep the $$ out of the OR gun grabbers mitts. Sure, you're still doing a BGC and transfer, but as an OR resident, it's one way to stay legal, but not help give them anything for SB941.

Or, don't comply.

41Slinger likes this.