JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Question:

Obama signed the executive orders last week requiring background checks for all F2F sales...
When does that go into effect? Does congress need to sign off on it?
Can I sell, or buy rifles in the classifieds, or does everything need to run through an FFL now?
I've asked this question on a couple forums, but can't get a strait answer....
Conspiracy Nuts Out There:
I'm not a Cop, LEO, Fed, G-Man, or Men -In-Black.....
Just want to understand how this whole thing works with the executive order...

I believe these are the 23 Executive Actions:
1. Issuing a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Addressing unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improving incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Directing the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Proposing a rule making to give law enforcement authorities the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publishing a letter from the A.T.F. to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Starting a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Reviewing safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issuing a presidential memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Releasing a report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and making it widely available to law enforcement authorities.
11. Nominating an A.T.F. director.
12. Providing law enforcement authorities, first responders and school officials with proper training for armed attacks situations.
13. Maximizing enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issuing a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to research gun violence.
15. Directing the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenging the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Releasing a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Providing incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Developing model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Releasing a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalizing regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within insurance exchanges.
22. Committing to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Starting a national dialogue on mental health led by Kathleen Sebelius, the secretary of health and human services, and Arne Duncan, the secretary of education.

L308

Question:

Obama signed the executive orders last week requiring background checks for all F2F sales...

He did not because he CAN NOT........

When does that go into effect?

Never

Does congress need to sign off on it?

Nothing to sign off on

Can I sell, or buy rifles in the classifieds, or does everything need to run through an FFL now?
I've asked this question on a couple forums, but can't get a strait answer....
Conspiracy Nuts Out There:
I'm not a Cop, LEO, Fed, G-Man, or Men -In-Black.....
Just want to understand how this whole thing works with the executive order..

You can buy and sell as you always have following state and federal laws.

I'm not sure what the difference is (yet), but it would appear that at least some of what was signed were Presidential Memorandums or Proclamations.

From the 'Briefing Room
Proclamations | The White House
Presidential Actions | The White House

Lots of questions left open. Why all the 'executive action' talk by mainstream media? Will there be executive actions signed in the near future without media attention? What's going on in the other hand while we were watching this one?

I'm not sure what the difference is (yet), but it would appear that at least some of what was signed were Presidential Memorandums or Proclamations.

From the 'Briefing Room
Proclamations | The White House
Presidential Actions | The White House

Lots of questions left open. Why all the 'executive action' talk by mainstream media? Will there be executive actions signed in the near future without media attention? What's going on in the other hand while we were watching this one?

I've been watching that site closely waiting for the executive orders to show up so we would have a more clear picture of what we may be facing. Nothing as of yet.

We FFL's received an E-letter about an hour after Obama's Political Opportunist Speech that did nothing at all to announce any changes to the law.
It is a letter that only "encourages" FFL's to get people to use our services for face to face sales.
No laws have been changed

Thanks All For the Info.....

Biden's month long research on gun control yielded zero results. The POTUS can issue XO's, but they have zero impact on the general public, unless his XO happens to be Nationwide confiscation. The odds of this are slim to none. Biden spent/wasted a month, and the new XO's are all smoke and mirrors. Obama did nothing to infringe on your gun rights. Harry Reid has already stated that they won't be voting on gun control, because it won't pass the house.

Now STOP with the panic buying so I can buy more powder!

14. Issuing a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to research gun violence.
This is the one that scares me. They defunded the research since all they were producing were junk studies with a predetermined outcome. Guns and their owners were all bad, get rid of them. Now Barry is letting them get back into the junk studies.
This could tie in the the Obwan mandated health plan. Own guns? You're automatically insane. Or you need a 2 million $ policy on each gun etc.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top