JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What kind of surprised me, and maybe im late to the party but....I would have figured a good guy with a gun would have been common in texas during such an event. Unless of course El Paso has some sort of ordinance but still not even a single CC'er?. I mean we are talking about Texas after all, I am certain if it would have been Alaska that would have happened.

Glad to see they want to loosen instead of going full bore tightening up.

What kind of surprised me, and maybe im late to the party but....I would have figured a good guy with a gun would have been common in texas during such an event. Unless of course El Paso has some sort of ordinance but still not even a single CC'er?. I mean we are talking about Texas after all, I am certain if it would have been Alaska that would have happened.

Glad to see they want to loosen instead of going full bore tightening up.
less than 5% of Texans are licensed to carry concealed, even then- I bet those 5% don't carry 100% of the time...

I do like seeing bills named and placed forth to help the citizens. TEXAS MEMBERS TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE IN FAVOR AND CONTACT REPS TO SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING.

From the article:

House Bill 1143 prevents school districts from prohibiting employees and other visitors at school campuses to store firearms in locked vehicles.

House Bill 2363 lets foster parents possess firearms "in a safe and secure matter ... for personal protection purposes."

Senate Bill 535 will reduce penalties for people who carry guns at "churches, synagogues or other places of worship" that prohibit firearms. …The bill treats places of worship in the same way private businesses are treated: They can still post signs prohibiting firearms, but will reduce penalties for people who unknowingly carry.
[…]

House Bill 3231 "curbs the ability of municipalities" to restrict gun sales at the city level. -
This one in particular has my support.

less than 5% of Texans are licensed to carry concealed, even then- I bet those 5% don't carry 100% of the time...

Is there a source to back this claim? only 5% of the population of the entire state?/county?/city?

Looking online I find this, they do use FBI statistics from 2016-2017 though I am not sure how they actually account for CC'ers but it lists Texas as 7% over all which isn't far from your number shown. Oregon is 8%

CC statistics

Last Edited:
From the article:

"Those with evil intentions will violate the law and carry out their heinous acts no matter what," argued Texas state Rep. Donna Campbell, a Republican.

I guess that I'd be very hard pressed to find a Dem. who would have/could have figured this out (even in TX).

Aloha, Mark

I do like seeing bills named and placed forth to help the citizens. TEXAS MEMBERS TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE IN FAVOR AND CONTACT REPS TO SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING.

From the article:

House Bill 1143 prevents school districts from prohibiting employees and other visitors at school campuses to store firearms in locked vehicles.

House Bill 2363 lets foster parents possess firearms "in a safe and secure matter ... for personal protection purposes."

Senate Bill 535 will reduce penalties for people who carry guns at "churches, synagogues or other places of worship" that prohibit firearms. …The bill treats places of worship in the same way private businesses are treated: They can still post signs prohibiting firearms, but will reduce penalties for people who unknowingly carry.
[…]

House Bill 3231 "curbs the ability of municipalities" to restrict gun sales at the city level. -
This one in particular has my support.

Is there a source to back this claim? only 5% of the population of the entire state?/county?/city?

Looking online I find this, they do use FBI statistics from 2016-2017 though I am not sure how they actually account for CC'ers but it lists Texas as 7% over all which isn't far from your number shown. Oregon is 8%

CC statistics

Sorry, can't site my source- cant remember where i read it. Was before all this happened. Though, quick googleage found this;
"...These license holders, just 3.7 percent of the state's 27 million residents..."
From The New York Times, so take with a grain or two of salt.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top