JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Under Measure 114, there are allowances for transporting 10+ round removable magazines to the range, for training, etc. How do you do this with a tubular magazine on a shotgun? Are you supposed to disassemble the firearm to transport it to the range? Does anybody have an idea how this is supposed to work? I know, wait for the implementation, but I haven't heard this being addressed yet, and I doubt it will be legally addressed until somebody is stopped while transporting with it fully assembled.

In the passenger seat barrel down.
In the back seat
In the trunk

WGAF?

How'd you carry it there in the summer? Carry on.

To be fair... I DO believe your 8 bullet rounds are supposed to be secured seperately in at least a USPS (gooberment approved) lockbox.

1670645569431.png

Under Measure 114, there are allowances for transporting 10+ round removable magazines to the range, for training, etc. How do you do this with a tubular magazine on a shotgun? Are you supposed to disassemble the firearm to transport it to the range? Does anybody have an idea how this is supposed to work? I know, wait for the implementation, but I haven't heard this being addressed yet, and I doubt it will be legally addressed until somebody is stopped while transporting with it fully assembled.
Looks like a problem - M114 says
(E) While transporting any large-capacity magazines in a vehicle to one of the locations authorized in paragraphs (c)(A) to (D) of this subsection, the large-capacity magazine is not inserted into the firearm and is locked in a separate container.
Might be able to argue that a shotgun tube is not 'inserted' ever. Not that the sponsors of the measure care about reality ...

Since "locked in a separate container" has no details, everything from a $300 Pelican with 4 padlocks to a $15 soft case should satisfy, if you can at least get a luggage lock through the zipper pulls.

The magazine can't be removed, thus the new "law" doesn't address the situation. A shotgun with a tube mag that would hold more than 10 rounds would be quite the sight to see.
My Marlin can hold something like 18 22 Shorts. If I'm transporting it, you'll clearly see it in the gun rack of my truck.

The problem is that they are considering outliers like the Tavor TS12 and Keltec KSG-25 (and, I'm sure others) to have tubular magazines holding more than 10, even though they are 2 separate tubes on the Keltec and 3 separate but attached tubes on the Tavor. Even then, most standard shotguns will hold more than 10 mini-shells, even if semi-autos won't function with them.

The problem is that they are considering outliers like the Tavor TS12 and Keltec KSG-25 (and, I'm sure others) to have tubular magazines holding more than 10, even though they are 2 separate tubes on the Keltec and 3 separate but attached tubes on the Tavor. Even then, most standard shotguns will hold more than 10 mini-shells, even if semi-autos won't function with them.
Cool story.

When is the last time you were pulled over and the poleece searched your vehicle? You know, that pesky 4th amendment they like to trample on.

DNC (that's Do Not Comply)

I'm being serious. If you're too busy looking for ways you won't be in compliance you probably should start selling off everything today.

Cool story.

When is the last time you were pulled over and the poleece searched your vehicle? You know, that pesky 4th amendment they like to trample on.

DNC (that's Do Not Comply)

I'm being serious. If you're too busy looking for ways you won't be in compliance you probably should start selling off everything today.
Gotcha. Don't participate here. Message received. I'll stick to reading posts and not commenting or asking questions.

And the magazine tubes are not removeable. If they were, lock them up separately, but since they are not, end of story.

Gotcha. Don't participate here. Message received. I'll stick to reading posts and not commenting or asking questions.
If you want some tissues and sympathy you won't find it here.

Man up (or woman up) and realize that the 'fit inside the government box' is a major minority around here.

At some point you have to quit giving a fuk because any LEO can find something to pin your bubblegum to a wall. Don't spend time running circles like Mommy Dearest Kotex and Spank Me Harder Daddy Biden want, there are more important things to focus on that their unconstitutional laws taking your precious time and energy finding ways to KKKomply. Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Seriously.

It's the internet. Even though we have rules on this site, you'll likely take barbs from other members, especially on subjects that have worn a little thin. Measure 114 has to do with removeable magazines. Your shotgun doesn't have a removeable magazine.

It's the internet. Even though we have rules on this site, you'll likely take barbs from other members, especially on subjects that have worn a little thin. Measure 114 has to do with removeable magazines. Your shotgun doesn't have a removeable magazine.
Yup. And it's also a benefit when new members find that ignore switch.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top