JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a steel target that I've been lugging around in its original cardboard box, which is falling apart. Has anyone found a durable and convenient way to transport a target, stand and hardware? In case it's helpful, the original box is 30" x 19" x 6", and the whole kit weighs roughly 50 lbs.

Thanks!

I've got alarge zippered camoed duffle bag of suitble material. On the verge of tossing as mice moved in. FREE if you want & can figure transport from ARPC area.

I built boxes for the paddles on my duelling trees, 1 center fire, 1 22cal only.
I bought the paddles and tubes off ebay and fab'ed the rest.
The boxes are made of scraps of wood from jobsites in my neighborhood so cost nothing :s0112:
The tree "tunks" can be removed from the feet/bases, and the bases fold in half/flat.
The legs/feet on the bases spread out like spider legs to minimise rocking/swaying so the folding makes them smaller/flatter.
Here's some pics:
Paddles/boxes after painting paddles orange for winter shooting, painted white in summer, note the handle-a piece of chain and plastic tubing.
CF paddle box is similar.
22LR paddles in box, CF paddles hanging off milk crate for paint to dry
PaddlesS.jpg
Base of CF with vertical removed
BaseS.jpg
CF Tree Assembled
TreeSideS.jpg
I have a platform built in the back of my truck thats wheel-well high and these targets slide under this platform for storage.
:D

Back in the day when I had to hike into Mary's Peak, I would pack in 2x 12in plates in a backpack. I used a couple short shepard's hooks as mounts. Those, in addition to a few guns and a couple hundred rounds of ammo, made for a real workout.

Back in the day when I had to hike into Mary's Peak, I would pack in 2x 12in plates in a backpack. I used a couple short shepard's hooks as mounts. Those, in addition to a few guns and a couple hundred rounds of ammo, made for a real workout.
I hiked/bushwhacked in two targets yesterday.
Good exercise

I only have a few plates and stands that I keep in a plastic box.
Most of my steel is permanent.

I have a steel target that I've been lugging around in its original cardboard box, which is falling apart. Has anyone found a durable and convenient way to transport a target, stand and hardware? In case it's helpful, the original box is 30" x 19" x 6", and the whole kit weighs roughly 50 lbs.

Thanks!
I use range bag or stout bag like other suggested above. However recently I've been using a backpack with wheels and handle (like carry on luggage, but just a backpack. Got it for $5 on clearance believe it or not. Took the kido rock hounding the other day and came back with really heavy load of rocks in it. This way you can roll on the ground for most of the distance which makes it a lot easier.

Da Prius has 4 target frames in the back at all times plus a receiver plug that's 3/8" AR500.

it all lays nice on the Weathertech mat.

I've been known to use one of these plastic milk crates too. Kinda multi use. Stand it up for a paper target stand. Haul stuff in, haul other peoples trash out. But shell casing fall right through the holes so that kinda sucks when trying to clean up and go. Doesn't help that much as far as hauling heavy stuff I guess except that they are very stout and will hold a lot of weight. 8A407B2D-6DA6-4B6F-9F9E-A319212DB76A.jpeg

I just use an old pizza box, with massive amounts of duct tape reinforcement. Works fine. It doesn't open like a pizza box, it's all taped up and I just ripped open one end. Easily hold more plates than I want to carry.

One of the guys today at a make shift speed steel was using a hay bailing hook to carry 5 at a time. Pretty genius if you ask me.

1591583939297.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads