JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ever sleep on a spring mattress? Which parts become less "springy" over time when force is applied? Seems like the same elements would apply if you stretched it... in both cases you're taking its natural/original state and changing it with unnatural force, which it adapts to on a structural level which changes it fundamentally from it's original and optimal form.
It doesn't really wear out in my opinion... it just changes. The change would be infinitesimal if the spring were meant to constantly bear a load however.

Ever sleep on a spring mattress? Which parts become less "springy" over time when force is applied? Seems like the same elements would apply if you stretched it... in both cases you're taking its natural/original state and changing it with unnatural force, which it adapts to on a structural level which changes it fundamentally from it's original and optimal form.
It doesn't really wear out in my opinion... it just changes. The change would be infinitesimal if the spring were meant to constantly bear a load however.

I'm just telling you what the metallurgists say... ;)

What do you mean by store ? Who has access ?

In my ready-to-go-safe, the handgun is ready to go, and positioned such that my hand will drop on it, ready to put it to use.

In my storage safe, everything is kept such that if someone grabs a gun in an unsafe way - like with a bugger-hook on the bang switch, that nothing can go deadly wrong. Someone could still drop something and get an owie.

If you have long term archival storage - then you need to consider environmental factors.
If you are in and out all the time, those are less of an issue.

Springs don't wear out when under tension any quicker than when not. flexing and releasing springs wear them out.

Store firearms hammer down or not, makes no difference in the longevity of the springs. Just keep them dry, clean, secure and preferably unloaded and they're good.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top