JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Taurus .40 w/14 rnds of JHP in the clip and 1 in the pipe + another 15 in a spare clip right next to the bed. S&W 9mm w/14 rnds of JHP in the clip and 1 in the pipe + another 15 in a spare clip in the wife's nightstand. Remington 870 w/20" barrel loaded w/4 rnds of 00 buck in the tube and 1 in the chamber in the corner 2 feet from the bed. Oh, and 2 yappin Jack Russel Terriers that bark at most anything either on or beside the bed.

Steve

I'm shocked there isn't more mention of flashlights on this thread. What if the power goes out?
I keep a mini-mag(AA) on my nightstand with the LED upgrade and the quick push tactical light ready to go in a harries technique with this (with extra mag loaded as well all with 115gr JHPs)
View attachment 201839
and this as backup (the 9mm goes to the wife while this goes to me, if she wakes up to it too(her awake enough to use it without me waking her to the break in)(loaded with 3" 00 Buckshot)
View attachment 201840
and this if I have the time and Fit hits the shan (2 extra mags loaded, one **** of an home invasion firefight if you ask me)
View attachment 201841
with these 2 as warnings.
DSC_1420.jpg

Say what you must about little dogs being "useless" or not able to "protect" their masters, but these 2 (the small white one is a lot bigger(1.5x-2x) than the bigger yellow one now, we call her a mini-St.Benard) will get up and let me know about anything that is not right, which is fine with me, as they are the early warning system, and I am the security system. We make a good team, me and the little yappers. They are silent when all is calm, but add some stranger/danger in the house and they will not calm down til they either greet it or I "take care" of it.

Quick walk around the house, out the windows into the yard, locks checked, motion sensors armed, dog milk-boned.

Foot of the bed (without waking the missus) IWB unsnaps, goes on carpet next to safe ( low bed, kids can't reach my side) Cell Goes onto charger next to the 2m candlepower Spotlight, glasses on top of IWB. all within reach without sitting up.

One noisy dog, one less noisy dog, a shotgun, and maybe a pistol, and maybe other stuff.
and a flashlight
and a knife

The dog will wake me up, and maybe even stop the threat altogether (good dog), the wife hides with HER gun, and 00 buck getting racked into the chamber is a **** of a noise.
If that's enough, well..... you might not wanna open my bedroom door without announcing yourself. The flashlight WILL blind you for several seconds if it's dark.
My field of fire in my bedroom means all rounds should stay IN my house, lots of walls it would have to go through, and my house is brick.

I have a 14 yr old attack golden retriever that sleeps in the bedroom doorway. Wife sleeps with a 10 lb Mini Doxie that can hear the mailman from the next zipcode and barks when he so much as farts.
By the time the intruder gets near the bed there will be an Xdm pointed at his face.

I hope to never see the words "nekkid" and "wands" in the same post ever again, in here.

So- to try to rescue the thread.

Up on the bridge at the head of the bed is a G-21sf with STL-900 on the rail, and a 5.11 light for life in its' charger. Just like this:

9 mm, flashlight, cell phone on the night stand, oh yes and Ruger LCP for my New York reload .... and the 12 guage by the bedroom door! I have given this some thought and that covers most situations! .... Oh no I forgot my dog Harley at the foot of the bed, no one can even walk by the house without him going nuts ... I think I am covered!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top