JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife is thinking about selling her AR, she wants a pistol, but how do I figure out what it is worth. I apologize if this is not the correct area for this post. How do you guys go about pricing a rifle to sell it?

My wife is thinking about selling her AR, she wants a pistol, but how do I figure out what it is worth. I apologize if this is not the correct area for this post. How do you guys go about pricing a rifle to sell it?

Find something that's comparable and go from there.

Or.. post the specs and you'll get an honest response from forum members. Market is super soft right now in the AR division, large surplus so unless it's a higher end mfg, you probably will be in the $400-600 range depending on what it is.

These days ARs don't bring much. Unless it is something special like a complete Colt factory-built SP-1 it will probably not fetch more than $500. It all depends on who built it and which components it has. The more narrowly customized the smaller the buying base.

Aero upper and lower, Del ton lpk and Stag upk, Daniel Defense bkg, Anderson 16 inch barrel with free float handguard from Acme Machine, commerical tube and m4 style butt stock.

Aero upper and lower, Del ton lpk and Stag upk, Daniel Defense bkg, Anderson 16 inch barrel with free float handguard from Acme Machine, commerical tube and m4 style butt stock.
Considering it's a pieced together rifle.

Put it in the safe as mentioned above and go shopping.

At today's prices, put the AR in the safe and go pistol shopping.
This.

Even stuff with high end components isn't selling well.

Factory built guns, by certain manufacturers have good resale. Stuff like Noveske or similar. If it's got and Anderson lower receiver, you could have a 1200 upper and no one will give you asking price. Those type of ARs are best sold in pieces.

I think she might be married to the rifle.
Obama sold so damn many AR's that you can hardly give one away. I feel bad for the members(including me) that paid over a $1000 for what you can get now for $600 or less.

You're not going to see more than $350 for that build in today's climate. Just wait until it looks like Trump will lose, and it will be worth $2000 lol.

Find something that's comparable and go from there.

Or.. post the specs and you'll get an honest response from forum members. Market is super soft right now in the AR division, large surplus so unless it's a higher end mfg, you probably will be in the $400-600 range depending on what it is.

I'm in a similar dilemma, I've watched Gunbroker for a while...and not certain I want to let go, nor am I all that comfortable with an auction...but I'm not using this one lately, and probably best to keep, but considering a new pistol...and light on budget.

Colt Match HBAR with box and everything it came with, original owner purchased in 1993, Very Good condition/light use.

Thanks for any thoughts on real world value here in the Northwest?

You're not going to see more than $350 for that build in today's climate. Just wait until it looks like Trump will lose, and it will be worth $2000 lol.
Best advice in this thread 1568237904152.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads