JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi there! this is my first post.

I been getting supplies, med kits and ammo and stuff ready for a little bit after not thinking much about it for many years cause i got all wrapped up in motorcycling. now that i see things getting weirder i am getting my family ready for natural disaster or other things we don't expect.

This site has been really informative and i am glad a friend turned me on to it.

i have thought about most common things to prepare for and i think i have a pretty good handle on being self sufficient for about a month if something should happen.
(money really keeps me from doing more at this point.)

then i come across this.. and i am not joking , i wonder.. what can we do, or should we do to prepare for the unthinkable?

see the link below.

<broken link removed>

Always remember, no matter how much you prepare you may still encounter the "bend over and smooch your behind goodbye" scenario. Prepare for the most likely scenarios first is my credo.

i hear ya. and i expect a little teasing about it. maybe this is the wrong place to post this.... but seriously. being prepared for zombie Apocalypse is ok but not aliens? i mean.. where do you draw the line?

i was kinda hoping for more open minded thoughtful information. like short wave radio? or other communication devices?

Prepare for the most likely scenarios first is my credo.

thats the response i was looking for!

so can you rate them in order?

i think we are much less likely to experience black helicopters in our time than say.... zombies. i mean, disease is right up there as a population killer, either natural or man made....

i would say natural disaster first,

"i would say natural disaster first,"

Yep like tornados, and to prepare for that you need really good walking shoes on your way to see the wizard of oz :s0112::s0112: Take a few friends with you :s0112::s0112:

Some things are "one size fits all" when it comes to SHTF. The most important thing is a plan that fits you personally. You can't get all packed up without a place to go.

jj

I think you are on the right track, although-- Alien Attack--is highly unlikely just the fact you are paying attention puts you at better odds than the gen population. having a food supply for a month is a must for any natural disaster.

Brutis

Always remember, no matter how much you prepare you may still encounter the "bend over and smooch your behind goodbye" scenario. Prepare for the most likely scenarios first is my credo.

Absolutely agree.

But, when you are totally prepared for every likely scenario, start listening to Coast to Coast AM every night. You will get a whole s***load of new disasters that you haven't even thought of! Yes, that is right... You can choose between Ed Dames' "kill shot," or Steven Quayle's "giants," or any number of alien invasion scenarios, or Planet X, or... :D

(Personally I'd go with the "kill shot" over "giants," but I have a couple of boxes of 12ga copper slugs on hand in case Quayle wins out. :s0131:)

Welcome to the forum Drat.

Although I was not able to open your link, it seemed to be a website discussing life from other planets...don't listen to those non-believers. If what you had posted was in referrence to ETs...they're here, get over it, I say.

Unionguy is right though, prepare. There's a storm coming.

Will

its a video of former Canadian Defense Minister Paul Hellyer confirming alien visitation and the USA denying it for purposes undisclosed. there is a Great quote from President Clinton re stated in it... that there is a government inside the government and that the president doesn't control it (referring to why isn't the truth about this out).

hopefully this link works...

<broken link removed>

Thanks, that link worked.

Although he talks about other world visitation, his message is clear. We should be demanding transparency not only on the subject of ETs but for an accountability of the US citizens taxes that have been paid out in, as he said, " thousands of billions of dollars", to where?

Regardless of your political affiliation, we should all be outraged at the unaccounted spending.

Hmmm...maybe the Egyptian people could give us a crash course on holding those in power accountable.

Stay safe,

Will

Thanks, that link worked.

Although he talks about other world visitation, his message is clear. We should be demanding transparency not only on the subject of ETs but for an accountability of the US citizens taxes that have been paid out in, as he said, " thousands of billions of dollars", to where?

Regardless of your political affiliation, we should all be outraged at the unaccounted spending.

Hmmm...maybe the Egyptian people could give us a crash course on holding those in power accountable.

Stay safe,

Will

Well spoken....

Comrade:s0112::s0112::s0112:

jj

EDIT.. whoops.. this reply was to Eldbillbo.....

yup, that might be something to look into as well. Thanks for the heads up. In doing a little research and following the rabbit down the hole i found this..

<broken link removed>

this is from a LA radio station i believe. go to 35:45 for a quick interview, very interesting. Especially if you look at how this relates the documentary "Collapse" and energy in general.

Thanks Mike.

As the others have said, prepare for the simple scenarios first.
When you say you could last a month, is that with or without power in sub-freezing weather?
Is that with or without your home for basic shelter and storage of your stuffs or is that on foot.
Lots of people focus on getting armed at great expense and don't even have extra band-aids in the house.
The rabbit hole is as deep as you want it to be, and there are varying degrees of "sheeple" out there.
Thinking about it and being aware that collapse really could occur puts you ahead of the curve.
But absolutely focus on the basics first, lot's of info out there, I'll send you a copy of this...<broken link removed>
It's not the "end all, be all" but it's a good start that isn't overwhelming and easy to read.

I just watched the "Collapse" video the other day. Got about 3 or 4 minutes into and stopped. My BS detector going off so loudly made it impossible to listen to the point any more. Here's what I wrote about it over on the ShootersNW forum:

Q Clearance is DoE. He claims he got one without knowing about it becasue his dad was a Military Aviator: DoD. That alone is BS. Q clearance is not a clearance above Top Secret. Anybody who says this phrase is misquoting something they heard. TS is the highest clearance. Period. Sensitive Compartmentalized Information is not "classified higher than TS". It is simply restricted on a specific need to know. Q clearance is not SCI. SCI is based upon protecting the source, not the information itself. So it is usually sigint, comint, humint, and it is has the SCI caveat to prevent the combination of EEFI. Sometimes this means that information is not acted upon or disseminated to the people who could use it, because they protect the source in order to further exploit said source, and any action taken on that information would expose the source.

Information classification is based on the level of harm to national security, thus you can have secret sci or top secret sci. When does Dept of Energy need to keep the source of their classified information protected from otherwise cleared people?

You don't get cleared "just in case" without knowing about it. Family members don't get clearances just because the dad has access. You don't take classified information home in a briefcase where your kid might accidentally see it, strictly verboten. If a family member does get a clearance, they get briefed on their responsibility to safeguard classified information.

The local police agency does not just "pull up" your clearance information- they don't have access to that system, especially back before computers were common, but even now, I have to write to the Defense Security Service, in hardcopy, in a freedom of information act request simply to get the status of my own clearance, if I am not currently employed some place (defense contractor or military unit) with a facility security office with access to JPAS. Even most military units cannot pull your clearance status up. It has to be someone with access to the security clearance system. It's not public information. It's kept private because we don't want random people knowing who to target for national security information, and we don't want people inserting erroneous info into the security clearance records, etc.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

And while I don't like the conspiratorial "our super secret method of kung fu has never been reproduced" tone of this presentation, I find it a bit more credible from a financial analyst firm:

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pr...VD/PPSIM297/PR

Living within 100 miles of four major volcanoes, and in the Cascadia subduction zone( <broken link removed> ), I think I have enough to worry about without borrowing trouble. Really, preparing for a 9+ earthquake and what that would do to society here about is, in essence, the same as preparing for anything else. Long term "life as we know it" would cease to exist anyway, so why stress about things I can't even imagine. If ET gets here and raises a ruckus, I'll do the same thing as I would for a severe earthquake. Hunker down, feed me and mine, and stay alive.

they say our sun will explode in 10,000 years what do you think we as citizens should do about it

Actually our sun..being a G3 on the Main sequence, is too small to nova. It will not explode. After a few more MILLION years, it will slowly expand as the mass burns away and the gravitational field cannot contain the heat from the fusion reactions. Once it reaches the Red Giant stage it will stabilize for a few million years, then as the fuel decreases it will collapse into a yellow dwarf.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top