JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He realized that when one is under severe stress is when things like that happen.

Things like this happen even in the best of times. I was just casually walking to my car. It was dark, the step was a little shallow, and my foot just slid down... sprain..the other one came down to catch myself and it slid with all my 300lbs and the momentum was enough to do do the damage.
I'm a big guy, but I also have excellent balance, I snowboarded a lot back in the day spending 90% of the time on the black and double black diamonds of Snowbird in Utah(Good Times!), and my last job was a scaffold rigger... both very dangerous, requiring lots of strength and balance.
Lesson here is prep for everything and never become complacent!
You really can't have too many medical supplies, and hopefully somebody in your network with medical training, but at the very least as much medical literature as you can get to DIY... and of course stay healthy to minimize risk.
You could survive the apocalypse... have everything you need to get by indefinitely, then do something like this on casual walk to feed the chickens...

Last Edited:
Things like this happen even in the best of times. I was just casually walking to my car. It was dark, the step was a little shallow, and my foot just slid down... sprain..the other one came down to catch myself and it slid with all my 300lbs and the momentum was enough to do do the damage.
I'm a big guy, but I also have excellent balance, I snowboarded a lot back in the day spending 90% of the time on the black and double black diamonds of Snowbird in Utah(Good Times!), and my last job was a scaffold rigger... both very dangerous, requiring lots of strength and balance.
Lesson here is prep for everything and never become complacent!
You really can't have too many medical supplies, and at hopefully somebody in your network with medical training, but at the very least as much medical literature to DIY... and of course stay healthy to minimize risk.
You could survive the apocalypse... have everything you need to get by indefinitely, then do something like this on casual walk to feed the chickens...

I've reinjured my left ankle so many times! (old racketball injury) It's always been when I'm not paying attention to my feet, my head somewhere in lala land or just thinking about something else. I can roll my ankle on a pebble... so not paying attention to my feet can be dangerous. And now most of the time I am looking down, not good for situational awareness.

Sliding injuries were something I was not familiar with until my wife's accident. She was to the ER for numb legs and they misdiagnosed her as a back issue... gave her some shots and muscle relaxers. She is not familiar with those pills and even after I warned her about them, she was not careful enough. One day while I was hours away, a friend was going to pick her up for lunch. She went out into the driveway and slipped on the gravel. I still can't figure out exactly what happened, but the ortho said it is a twisting type of break. Eh? Due to sliding? Still can't picture the mechanics of how it happened. But it did.

Lastly, my thought about surviving the apocalypse and how simple things like getting scratched by a rusty fence wire can take you out! We need to be in a group with medical expertise and supplies!! We would also need to be extra careful.

Did you see the story about the Utah family where the dad died from rabies because they had bats in the house? They were letting the bats land on their hands and lick their fingers. The bats didn't even bite but I learned that rabies is passed in their saliva. They were not aware of that. Oh boy.

Did you see the story about the Utah family where the dad died from rabies because they had bats in the house? They were letting the bats land on their hands and lick their fingers. The bats didn't even bite but I learned that rabies is passed in their saliva. They were not aware of that. Oh boy.

Sounds like natural selection.

Sounds like natural selection.

Yes, except the family now has gotten their rabies shots and they are complaining about the bill. Apparently it's $50k co-pay after insurance. Jeez those shots are expensive!!

I'm expecting to see some crowdfunding efforts for them in a future story. Would you contribute? Not me.

Yes, except the family now has gotten their rabies shots and they are complaining about the bill. Apparently it's $50k co-pay after insurance. Jeez those shots are expensive!!

I'm expecting to see some crowdfunding efforts for them in a future story. Would you contribute? Not me.

Nope. A large chunk of my paycheck goes to MY health insurance, with a max out of pocket LESS than my HSA balance, that I also dump money into. Not paying for someone else whonwas too cheap or lazy to do so .

I've known being shut down for months , You have my sympathy for sure. The feeling of boredom, helplessness, and eventually atrophied muscles, are worse than the physical therapy recovery. I would do what I could on keeping my upper body as fit as possible with wrist weights or the like. muscles go pretty fast with lack of use and hard to put back especially if your older.
I'm sure you are, but for the unknown others reading, be considerate, grateful and patient, of your unpaid caregivers, their life might have become difficult and changed considerably also.
If finding the bright side weighs on you, consider it's good thing you are not a horse, if you get my drift.:rolleyes:
I'll pray for a smooth and speedy recovery if you please.

Clown shoes are always a bad idea.
Jeez, dood.. that's terrible news and some sort of lessons in there for all of us.
Don't get hooked on the crazy pills!

Well went in and had my sutures removed and my cast put on...
Looks pretty gruesome in there, but I got a nice shiny green cast to cover it all up. Doc says today's X-rays looked good.
I was mistaken.. I thought there were nine titanium screws... the pic that I had was cut off didn't show the other 4:eek:
I go in in a month to get my cast changed out and see how it's proceeding.
In the meantime I'm going to have my kids help me set up a bedside reloading station so I can be a little productive for the next several weeks.
Good Times!
5E64E51C-234B-4D07-9813-5B2C7E181360.jpeg FF70A443-7031-4BA1-AA4A-E11BD1211FC7.jpeg

I feel your pain bro. Three years ago I did the same thing when I slipped on ice. Truly the worst pain ever. The VA did their best job fixing me although both knees have been scoped twice as well so I'm no stranger to pain and instability. You'll get better, maybe not to where you were but better. Be positive bro.

Can we get some pictures?
I guess you have a cast on so we can't see how that part is doing, but how about how many rounds you've loaded or any new builds?

Well went in and had my sutures removed and my cast put on...
Looks pretty gruesome in there, but I got a nice shiny green cast to cover it all up. Doc says today's X-rays looked good.
I was mistaken.. I thought there were nine titanium screws... the pic that I had was cut off didn't show the other 4:eek:
I go in in a month to get my cast changed out and see how it's proceeding.
In the meantime I'm going to have my kids help me set up a bedside reloading station so I can be a little productive for the next several weeks.
Good Times!
View attachment 546543 View attachment 546544

No Ankle holster ? Lol

Can we get some pictures?
I guess you have a cast on so we can't see how that part is doing, but how about how many rounds you've loaded or any new builds?
Haven't got the reloading set up yet, but I decided to revisit a build that I abandoned last year. I sold off my MK12 parts to @Saffir to build vicariously through him...and boy did he built it RIGHT!
Then I found some deals and trades and got most of what I needed for my Mini Mark Mod0... just had to sell my beloved Colt Commando Upper to fund it, but I will be able to have this done by the time I can stand and shoot again...
Here's my latest Mock-up as built from my bed... F2F2DAA2-233D-4644-AFF1-C00807D4CA7B.jpeg
Got the BCM Upper and BCG for a smokin deal here in the classifieds...
PRI Gas Buster CH from another NWFA member...
The 11.5" BCM Barrel for a song on arfcom, I had the PRI rail for a while... just waiting
The PRI Gasblock Flip up and ARMs #40l came from a trade...

Still need
-gas tube,
-little indexing pin from PRI for the rail
-PRI 3" rail section
-PRI carbine length "swan rail"
-ARMS #22 rings and TRC
-scope(still undecided which size 1-6 probs)
-OPS collar
-Harris Bi-pod(or not still thinking on the bottom rail...)
-SBR tax stamp(eventually)
-other jewelry TBD(stay tuned)
-Rediculous law makers and ignorant voters to stop the madness!
-$
-My leg/ankle(s) to heal

I'm going to run it on one of my pistol lowers for now, but I have a
Colt 6920 lower that I'll SBR, and or looking out for a BCM lower so it all matches up, and I'll use the Colt for another build that's been eatin at me;)

Here's what I'm going for, only a little bit of a Mygrainman twist to it... it'll be awsome!
A2AACDFC-7189-4A3F-A003-E05A78C7F96C.png

Dammm I'm gunna miss this guy though!
33845731-6683-4BFB-A3F9-51D568564E44.jpeg

Last Edited:
Two years ago I was in soutS Carolina
Fishing I jumped off the dock and crack .
I thought I broke my ankle.
But just a bad bad sprain.
I went back to my friends house took off my boot
Put ice on it drank some moonshine .sat in a charir all night with ice .
Woke up next morning .
BLACK AND BLUE .
PUT MORE ICE ON IT DRANK MORE MOONSHINE AND WENT FISHING.LOL
SUCK IT UP MAN .WALK IT OFF .
THAT'S THE PROBLEM THESE DAYS PEOPLE ARE SOFT.HEHEHEHE.
LOL

JUST JOKING AROUND IT HURT LIKE HELL .

Thanks @EPS!
Pass me some shine. Wish I could get out and fish, shoot, anything.... I don't care!
I'm loosing my mucking find!!!!
3 weeks of bed rest...and another 4-6 to go! I can't leave my dammm room.
Thousands of options on Netflix, Prime, and Xfinity on demand and NOTHiNG interesting enough to take my mind off it.
Red Redemption 2 is kinda fun, been loosing myself in the XBOX fantasy cowboy land, but I can only tolerate that for a couple hours at a time here and there...
My wife and daughter are force feeding me healthy food... a very strict Vegetarian diet that they are both on that is completely devoid of flavor so I don't gain another extra hundo while I'm immobile
(Yes it's for my own good but doesn't mean I'm lovin' it)
I can only get up and let my foot below my heart long enough to crawl on my hands and knees to the s#*tter... obviously I can't go to the gun shows and make a living so I'm stressed to the Effing MAX....
....and the pain is...well..... painful.

OK I'm done bichin'....your right gone SOFT!:rolleyes:

Gunna try to rub some dirt on it and get back out there now;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top