JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

5vsk26jxkfo61.jpg

Contact crime solver lmfaooooo. "I tried to hit the cow but I hit my partner instead. I tried to hit the cow again hit my partner again. Figured I'd give it another shot. But by golly I hit my partner again."

cant wait to see the dash/body cam footage.

Buddy of mine was a patrolman in our small city some years back. He came across a seriously road injured cat, called in his mercy shot on the radio and proceeded to miss the cat at point blank range. The now deaf cat, unable to to previously stand, immediately exited the area, never to be be seen again. True story.... Only time he ever fired his duty gun, a G22, in the line of duty. A favorite story when we have been drinking.

Last Edited:
So apparently the cow charged the officers. My guess is if all they had were their pistols there was probably a fairly large amount of stress trying to take down a raging cow with a 9mm.

Mobile slaughter guys typically use some thing like a .22mag. I got a .222rem for a local butcher as he wanted to drop the animals from a greater distance to reduce stress. He said the .222 worked great. But then he shot them in the brain. Not sprayed around the neighborhood.

Was hunting with a buddy who was using his Thompson Contender 45/70. Hit a deer but wasn't a mortal wound so walked up for the coup de grase and point blank (because he had it sighted for 100yards and those rounds drop so much) shot high....said a few choice words, cycled another round in the chamber then took another shot...high again. Was pissed (probably more embarrassed) he handed the gun to me and proceeded to finish the deer with his knife...

Reminds me of a story a friend of mine told me back when he was in the army.. I guess the firing line boarded some woods and at times deer will jump out.. I guess the order was if a deer was on the field all would stop shooting till it left..
I guess one day, a deer did pop onto the field and he said that everyone on the line opened up on that bugger.
Said deep hopped right back into the trees, unharmed. :eek:

Which brings to mind the concept of dispatching an injured game animal. Which typically takes occurs as a result of collision with a vehicle. In Wash., this is in the game regs:

"An individual may not kill an injured or wounded animal for the purpose of salvage. Only a law enforcement officer or individuals or entities authorized by the department may euthanize an animal injured in a motor vehicle collision, whether or not the animal is taken for salvage. Possession of wildlife in violation of subsection (4) is punishable under RCW 77.15.750."

Emphasis on, "whether or not the animal is taken for salvage." Which would include euthanasia to put the animal out of its suffering. This reg. was written in the context of road kill, so I'm wondering if part of their thinking was the potentially unsafe discharge of a firearm on or about a public highway.

In any case, the above wouldn't apply to livestock.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top