JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pretty much this, if I am unable to instantly tell the difference both visually AND tactilely something has got go. Different colors and/or writing does do any good at night/low light. I would look at varying base plates.

Same reason I won't have both 9mm and .40S&W, they are too similar.

I have had 40 and 9. One looks like it could save your life and it's measured like an American. The other is....different.

....take 300BO and .233, for example.....

Colored tape is a reasonable way to go. I still glance at the ammo before it goes in the gun. The tape helps me get it right the first time. .308 Mags are indeed a bit larger than the .223 / 300BO mags, but they all look enough alike that they all get colored tape.

In that example, I'd use different mags like Pmags and GI for 5.56 and Lancers for 300 BO or something along those lines. I personally don't do 300 BO and don't envision it down the road either.

I've shot 3 of my pal's 4 semi-auto 9s, and the black metal mags are not readily different at a quick glance. Next time we go turn money into noise, I'll get a snapshot of whatever coding system he worked out last week - with a silver sharpie.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top