JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saved my pocket change. Every time I had change, I would put it in a glass jar. "Keep Your Eye on the Prize'!
I taped a picture of my 'prize' on the jar.
It took a couple of years. But, it was worth the wait!
I had saved enough for the gun and goodies, including a hard case.

Change and ones

You would not believe how fast you can put a sluge fund together by not spending your change and your one dollar bills.
If you really want something,put your fives away.

They are just too easy to give away to the kids,or spend on goodies.
:s0155::s0155:

Change and ones

You would not believe how fast you can put a sluge fund together by not spending your change and your one dollar bills.
If you really want something,put your fives away.

They are just too easy to give away to the kids,or spend on goodies.
:s0155::s0155:
I was just saying to my partner the other day "How does that kid afford a new video game every week? His allowance is only $25 a week." His answer was "Because every time you get any singles back as change you give them to him."

Rob a bank with the last gun I bought:s0087:...but really, I just buy when I have the money from whatever other source, but I like the gun safe and gift card ideas and I recently discovered the gun broker lay away that helped with my most recent gun purchase.

Work a bunch of OT for a couple pay periods. It builds up quickly. Also, $50 a week gets transferred to the savings account. I'll forget about it for a few months and then *poof* gun money.

Greg

I claim 0 on my W2 form so at the end of the year I get money back lol ye ye:D
Last year I managed to sell my SKS sporter and with that money and my tax return I was able to get an AK-74. This year I plan on stocking up on a bunch of ammo because bad times are A coming.

In addition to all pocket change going in a jar daily, I stash away money a little at a time. A 10 or 20 here and there adds up over time. My wife raids the change jar sometime, but she is not aware of the other stash. :winkkiss:

Just to be fair, I know that she does the same thing and has her own stash.

101206workforfood.jpg

i get paid bi-weekly and have $50.00 per pay day taken out into a savings that I do not have card accses to. I have to wait untill I can get to the CU, so that curbs the impulse buys. This was my Wifes idea as she did not like to find big charges on the Visa or withdrawls from our main account.

I used to save up small change. But I really waited for my tax refund to come through. Made most of my big purchases because of my interest free loan to the feds. As I said earlier in a post, once I sell my home, I will have more income than I know what to do with. But I think that I will save like crazy and purchase things from time to time.

Screw savings.... Just buy it!!!! Who pays rent and electricity on time anyways? There are enough calories in top rammen, tuna and ketchup packs to live on. Toilet paper now there is a scam people buy into when you get free toilet paper every day in the mail box. If you got kids get there hinies to work in the neighborhood! A couple of lawns later you have a case of ammo!

Shhhheeeeeeeesh..... Who are the real gun owners here???!!!

Disclaimer: the above was written out humor please do not notify DHS, USFDA or Children Services.

Thank you.

SF-

Screw savings.... Just buy it!!!! Who pays rent and electricity on time anyways? There are enough calories in top rammen, tuna and ketchup packs to live on. Toilet paper now there is a scam people buy into when you get free toilet paper every day in the mail box. If you got kids get there hinies to work in the neighborhood! A couple of lawns later you have a case of ammo!

Disclaimer: the above was written out humor please do not notify DHS, USFDA or Children Services.

Thank you.

SF-

Im telling

Thank you.

SF-

Just filed a report. DHS should be at your door in approximately 24 hours.

My wife & I each get an "allowance" from our general funds that we can spend on anything we want. Sometimes I save mine up; sometimes I buy something on a credit card & pay it back over time.

usually I sell off soemthing from the last hobby I went nuts for. Back in my knifemaking days I would wander the gun shows as guys were packing up and offer to trade my deadest piece of inventory for some $60.00 .22 or something. A few times I would trade something bigger fancier or more then one to get something nice. Afterall I could make most knives in less then 8 hours time I could make the gun in weeks.

Now I look towards things like my Vacation pay (which I take as a lump sum soon as Winter lay off comes) My christmas bonus or my Drivers bonus (if I don't mess anything up during the year I get this in early March)

I'm going to start a cookie jar fund this next construction season to buy maybe 2 guns this year.

I have a very short list of wants. And any spur of the moment gun purchase has to be a super good deal. And I have to have the money sitting in my pocket.

got a low serial number M1903 Springfield that way this year. How could I pass up $125.00 and a box of ammo!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top