JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the 10-22 stainless steel version on my "honey dew" list (Honey, dew I have your permission to buy a 10-22? If not now, then when?) She always says I don't need another gun. Some kinda mumbo jumbo about "you can only shoot one at a time!" But, if I ever get permission, I plan to basically use it as is. I may put a small scope like a 4 power or 2-7 power. The .22LR doesn't go far enough to need a really big scope like we've seen in some of these pictures.

When my wife tried to give me that argument, I just asked her how many pairs of SHOES she needs.....she can only wear one at a time. ( it worked!) :s0155: :s0114:

Check out the ebook "Performance Enhancements for the Ruger 10/22".

For $12.00 ($13.00 if you don't have a PayPal account) you can download the ebook from the author's website (http://www.theworks1022.com/). Otherwise, the subcontractor who has the right to sell it will only sell you a CD of the book, for about $13.50 plus $4.00 shipping. I downloaded the ebook, then printed it out. There are 20 modifications on 68 pages, including clear illustrations and pictures. All mods are done with tools most of us have, though a Dremel certainly helps a lot. I can hardly wait until the weather gets bad enough I have to stay in my shop and can start on my Ruger! (Even if you don't want to buy the ebook, check out his website, anyway...there are several free mods shown there.)

Another 'must,' as far as I'm concerned, is a thumb-hole stock with cheek-rest. I got a synthetic 'over-molded' one for $100.00, then saw them later at Sportman'sGuide for less than $60. (http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/custom-10-22-thumbstock.aspx?a=556315) You won't believe the difference until you try one!
Max

Rugerwiththumbholestock.jpg

I was thinking of this...

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

LOL...yes, I am completely joking. I never understood the fad of making 10/22s into assault-rifle-esque weapons.

Whether it is a 1911, an AR15, or a Ruger 10-22, the fact remains that most of us usually customize something we shoot. Turning our firearms into something unique is part of the fun for me anyhow. But I do occasionally ask myself what is cost effective, and if I will want to get the money back out of it, or customized it, loose money and keep it.

If I wanted to start out with a 22 that shot great, I would probably buy a Volquartsen (I think that is how to spell his name). That way, it comes out of the box as a real good shooter.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top