JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, new to Washington. I am originally from the east coast. How do you guys go about finding new shooting areas? There is some helpful websites out there highlighting DNR guidelines but they still seem a bit vague. Mid to long range areas specifically, figured something that might fit my ideal shooting area would be difficult to find.

Hoping this may also serve as a thread to consolidate different strategies!

Hi all, new to Washington. I am originally from the east coast. How do you guys go about finding new shooting areas? There is some helpful websites out there highlighting DNR guidelines but they still seem a bit vague. Mid to long range areas specifically, figured something that might fit my ideal shooting area would be difficult to find.

Hi Damon, welcome to the site and welcome to WA.

All you need to know about recreational shooting on public land can be found on my website, Trash No Land .org, Trash No Land Home . Rules, tips, map links to past shooting site cleanups and important information to help save our places to shoot and respect for the privilege to shoot on public lands. We're on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as well.

Hope to meet you one day! Enjoy and be safe,

Bill

You go to a realtor.............

Hi Damon, welcome to the site and welcome to WA.

All you need to know about recreational shooting on public land can be found on my website, Trash No Land .org, Trash No Land Home . Rules, tips, map links to past shooting site cleanups and important information to help save our places to shoot and respect for the privilege to shoot on public lands. We're on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as well.

Hope to meet you one day! Enjoy and be safe,

Bill
Thank you sir, I appreciate the response!

You go to a realtor.............
For those who have "bank" like you do, @Argonaut, a realtor, one who specializes in rural acreage, is a great idea. :D

A lot of this would depend on what part of Washington? Oh and welcome to the forum.
The place where they have a head tax to pay for homelessness, programs to provide free drugs and needles, and where they want to disarm LEO and lawful citizens because they are the ones committing all those heinous crimes :: Seattle.

Looking for new spots really anywhere in Washington. It'd be well worth finding a spot where I can really reach out. Just wanted to see how others found new spots. Thank you for the welcome!

Well I gotta say that I am spoiled and have a membership to a really good range 8 min from my house. :D As for really long distances there are places out there but you really need to just go explore and find them. It can be difficult to find with a good back stop where you are not shooting over a road or bike path.

There used to be a good one up by Snoqualmie pass that we would go to on occasion but I would have to look up the coordinates. I'm pretty sure that it is all grown up by now.

Well I gotta say that I am spoiled and have a membership to a really good range 8 min from my house. :D As for really long distances there are places out there but you really need to just go explore and find them. It can be difficult to find with a good back stop where you are not shooting over a road or bike path.

There used to be a good one up by Snoqualmie pass that we would go to on occasion but I would have to look up the coordinates. I'm pretty sure that it is all grown up by now.

If I find any good locations I'll be sure to share on this forum! I'm excited to get out there and explore. Sounds like you got a good gig with your range!

To be honest..........I have seen so much trash and destruction from people shooting on public land, I would much prefer people go to a formal range. One of the issues the anti's are and will use to restrict our shooting is unrestricted shooting in public land. City people have little respect for our enviorment........even though many profess to. Between shooters starting wildfires and leaving trash I could easily be convinced to ban unrestricted target shooting in public land. To me it is similar to a person that doesn't want to do a background check on purchasing a gun.......puts up many red flags. What about shooting on a formal public range is so terrible? You don't like the enforced safety discipline? That in it's self is a red flag. Formal Ranges are inexpensive and safe.......wandering around the Forrest to locate a place to shoot will burn more gas than the cost of using the range. The type of restrictions we will see coming down the pike could be requiring shooters to carry liability insurance..........all it takes are a few multi million dollar open range fires to ignite the push for that type requirement similar to the fireworks bans we see more and more of.......like the big Columbia Gorge Fire last year (2 years ago?).

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads