JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My better haft will shoot with me now and then :D
I think m'Kay said it best
I am a die-hard fisherman. I have taken my fiance fishing three times (and that was when she came up to visit me when I was guiding in AK). My fiance does not drag me to quilt shows, antique shows, the mall, baby showers, or any of that stuff.
I started her with .22lr's and then light 38spl. handloads through a S&W mod 10 and a Taurus 85 snub, she shoots very well, but not as often as I do.

Wow! Am I the only girl in the room?
Okay guys, listen up:) We women will not attempt to do anything which we consider dangerous or scary. We are wives & mothers first, so our instinct is to preserve...not destroy. That said, I know the secret to get women to enjoy guns;)
I'm an NRA Instructor and I occasionally teach a "women only" class, where women can learn about guns in a safe & fun environment with other women for support. There isn't any pressure or testosterone in the room, so they really enjoy themselves;)
Once we have the classroom part down and they are confident in handling a gun safely, we go out to the range & shoot! They get to take their target home at the end of the day and they love it. Next thing you know, she's asking YOU to go shooting!

Last edited by a moderator:
KahrHeart:

You make a good point, My old lady is scared of guns, even when they are empty! Luckily for me she has shown interest and wants a .22 pistol to practice with.

Own a downside your link needs you to register and that is a no no... the govt is currently looking for me and I can't have my info floating around the internets :s0087:

KahrHeart:

You make a good point, My old lady is scared of guns, even when they are empty! Luckily for me she has shown interest and wants a .22 pistol to practice with.

Own a downside your link needs you to register and that is a no no... the govt is currently looking for me and I can't have my info floating around the internets :s0087:

How hard could it be to find the guy carrying a .50 Barrett around town? Then again you did say it was OUR government looking for you...

Yes, I'm in Lane County.
I have a bit of a gripe here. I was contacted by the owner of this site and ASKED to come here and advertise/post the link to my website. Now I see that it has been edited and removed. What the heck?
Sweetbeard, I had to register for this site as well. None of that info goes any further than me, so you're most welcome to use an alias;)
I have no problem with someone joining and posting a link to THIS site.

Kahrheart. I am interested in your womens only class.

My wife would like to get a little more instruction and not from me. She has the basics down. Can you email me info?

BIGFOOT

I guess i am lucky since my wife has a CWP and a modest collection of her own.
She grew up with a father that was OSP,now retired.
When i use to volunteer with PFTT at JCGC i had her and my MIL go through a class there.
The wife has a KelTek 9mm,a S&W M&P 40,a Ruger MKII,CZ50,SKS,JC Higgins MD 50 (FN made Mauser) in .270 that i have had some work done to,probably more but it is hard to keep track around here.
She use to shoot ladies night at DRRC,it was cancelled awhile back,but now that it has started back up she will start going again.
Everyone in my family has their own guns,and know how to use them safely and efficently.

well like others have said don't push it

get something with a kick but not too much like something that shoots .223 or 7.62x39 ( imo shooting .22s is like shooting bbs)

make sure she is always #1 my wife used to like it until i got obsessed with them in fact she was a damn good shot but once i became a nut she lost interrest.

make it social have another couple join ya

and pink furnature on a rifle never hurts

tell her how sexy she looks holding your gun:s0155:

hahaha aa class for guns thats great. Just take her to a gunshow and find her somthing she is comfertable shooting, just dont pick it up unless your'll shoot it too because she might not like it. You have to get her to think about shooting as a sport and not guns are just for killing. Take her and her new wepon to the rnage and let her shoot the **** outa some cans or somthing funner. ive turned quit a few females into squirl killing machines but its almost never overnight. Semi auto pistols like a 22 work pretty well then the 12 gauge and she'll be hooked.least it works for me.

IMG_0820.jpg
Look at those elbows. Makes a man proud.

All I had to do was make her get out there, I knew she'd love the rest. She's a country girl at heart. Started her on my .22. When she shot a can of soda with a 12g and saw it explode, she began buying (and claiming) her own guns. She now owns her own 870HD, and has claimed both my .22 and my P232. She just about owns my AR as she can shoot as well as I can with it, and loves shooting my .308 as well. I suppose I just got a good one!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews