Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How do you empty your mailbox?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PlayboyPenguin, Mar 19, 2014.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

This should be a simple process, but I cannot find an option for emptying my mailbox. When I select mail there is no delete option.

2. Blackcobra

Blackcobra Camas Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Click on one item, then a small dialogue box will pop up. Click 'select all', then leave conversation. That will clear the whole thing out.

3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

4. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

thanks

5. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I was at 148% of full, took me like half an hour of "unsubscribing to conversations" to figure out the "all" check box. Not to mention "leave" rather than "delete"

6. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I walk out the front door sometimes on the little path through the yard but most of the time I walk off the end of the porch into the corner of the carport/garage and out where the garage door should be. I then proceed out the driveway to the street. Once at the street I look both ways. If no traffic is coming I will usually walk at an angle across the street until I reach the mail box. It there is traffic I will walk down the edge of the street until I am directly across from the mail box and then when traffic allows I will cross directly to the box.

Once at the box I tend to use a pretty standard method of reaching out with one hand placing a booger hook on the little bent tab that acts like a handle and catch all in one for the mail box and I pull it towards me opening the door fully.

Once the door is fully open depending on the amount of mail I will normally push the item on the bottom of the stack all the way to the back to kind of collect up the other mail in the box before pulling it all out into my other hand. Some times I'll just reach in and rake all the mail out with one hand. It really depends on the volume and type of mail. A small package can throw a monkey wrench into the whole process. Requiring two separate procedures for empting the box.

Once the mail is safely in my hand I turn and then once again look both ways and judge how to best cross the street back to the house based on traffic.

I think that pretty much covers it if I have won an award or somehow helped mankind with this answer send me a conversation request and let me know where to pickup any cash awards or in the case of a medal or a trophy who to send my mailing address to so that it might appear in my mail box.

Garg likes this.
  7. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Pretty bored last night huh Mark?

LOL

Joe Link likes this.
  8. Mark W.

Ah sure. Sometimes I just like to get creative. and typing helps keep the Trigger finger in two of my fingers (its a tendon problem that causes my fingers to curl up and have what feels like a detent when I open them) from acting up so bad I have to actually pry my fingers open in the morning.

Glad you enjoyed.

9. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

Go to Bi-mart, and get some fingerless hunting gloves. They are knit and very warm. I use them all the time. Really helps.

10. Mikej

Mark, Wifey has had FIVE (5) "Trigger Fingers" fixed by a hand surgeon. Not all at once, but she did have three done at once. She's got another one acting up now.

11. Mark W.

How well did the fix go? I was having pretty bad carpal tunnel last year at the end of construction season and was thinking about getting both hands cut open. But with the wife having both Knees replaced last year I really needed to be able to take care of her on the second one which came in Nov. As it turned out that moderated a LOT over the winter so maybe this coming winter I'll look into having my hands cut.

12. Mikej

Real well. After about week she was using the hand, and a month and a half or so to become fully functional/mostly pain free.

13. Mark W.

Cool