JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
......... It was horribly clear that it was a very messy affair to empty and flush out the tumbler whilst trying to retain the stainless media at the same time :(
I rinse out the tumbler cup, with brass and pins inside, several times first to get the majority of the dirty water and soap out. You can dump the brass without getting too many of the pins in the tumbler, but it really doesn't matter since you're going to spin the pins and water out anyway.

Keep working with it and you'll soon come up with better technique and methods.

As far as using an oven, I've done it a few times and put it on the lowest setting. I believe that's 115F. Breathing the lead fumes hasn't turned me into an addle brained liberal - yet!:confused::confused:

Last Edited:
I rinse out the tumbler cup, with brass and pins inside, several times first to get the majority of the dirty water and soap out. You can dump the brass without getting too many of the pins in the tumbler, but it really doesn't matter since you're going to spin the pins and water out anyway.

Keep working with it and you'll soon come up with better technique and methods.

As far as using an oven, I've done it a few times and put it on the lowest setting. I believe that's 115F. Breathing the lead fumes hasn't turned me into an addle brained liberal - yet!:confused::confused:

Keep eating it and you the wife and the kids, will!
Silver Hand

I grabbed the transfer magnet from Frankford arsenal as well, it's pretty good for only $12 delivered. I think next time i'm going to use a larger 5 gallon bucket to run the hose through the tumbler with the grate end caps on.

I will use the transfer magnet after i pour out onto the towel so the media can be drying as well. I did find that sitting on a towel in the sun really dried the brass well, and, technically just jumbling it around on a towel or two during the winter should work pretty well too. Perhaps just sit over the heating vents and make sure io inspect and move them about for a little while.

I use a covered RCBS media separator to separate the media from the brass, rinse, juggle in a towel and then throw in a vibratory tumbler with corn cob, it only takes 15-30 minutes and then it is dry. It also puts a little polish on it. David

I think once we lose the nice weather in the fall, i'll try our food dryer, it's heated rather than fanned iirc.

In the meantime, that sun! get a towel and pour them out :) Which reminds me, i have to go wipe the wood stock i have sunbathing right now :D

For those who wet tumble, how do you dry your brass afterwards?

I'm looking for a cheap/efficient way to do it, so firing up the oven or using the clothes dryer are out due to thie ridiculous power usage.
i just saw the CED has a brass dryer based on the dehydrators used to dry fruit. I am thinking about getting one, should speed up the drying time. Just search the internet for brass drying equipment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top