JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
read reviews for what works best for the type of rifle you have and the type of barrel and for the purpose you intend to use it be it target, hunting ect. to narrow it down, then get a box of each and shoot it and see what shoots best through your rifle

Thanks, This is great information for those of us who don't know where to start or for those who are just looking for a different method of selecting the best ammo for the best possible performance...any ideas are appreciated.

Go to you tube and see how the Marines and Army finds the right load for their sniper rifles.
That would be a cool job.
Couldn't find the video.

Eldbillbo pretty much has the answer. Buy as many boxes of shells as you can afford and see which one makes the smallest group.

Accuracy is a major factor for me as well, but let's not forget choosing the right load for the intended purpose. Bullseyes or Bulls? More than once, I have relinquished a bit of accuracy for a load that will do better for the animal I have chosen to hunt. If you do not reload, gun shows are an excellent place to find partial boxes of factory ammo that can be had pretty much for what you will offer. Saves a lot of money when compared to retail for a full box that might demonstrate to you in 5-10 rounds that your gun doesn't like it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top