JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am in a bit of a pickle... I have 3 glocks... G27, G23 and G30... I first carried the 27, but after thinking about it i dont like how well it feels in my hand... (just a weee bit to small even with the pinkie extension) So i was carrying my Sig p239, well i traded that for the G30, I didn't like carrying the sig cause i carry IWB and the Hammer seemed to dig into my little love handles just enough to be annoying..

Since I didnt like the 27 grip i Put a g23 on layaway cause the grip on that felt good, and if i was ever in a SHTF scenario the G23 mags will fit my 27, but now wfter getting the G30 the grip on it feels perfect... but Iv never carried .45 always been a .40 guy... so should i just stick with the .45 and leave the 23 as a bedside gun? :confused::confused:

So I am in a bit of a pickle... I have 3 glocks... G27, G23 and G30... I first carried the 27, but after thinking about it i dont like how well it feels in my hand... (just a weee bit to small even with the pinkie extension) So i was carrying my Sig p239, well i traded that for the G30, I didn't like carrying the sig cause i carry IWB and the Hammer seemed to dig into my little love handles just enough to be annoying..

Since I didnt like the 27 grip i Put a g23 on layaway cause the grip on that felt good, and if i was ever in a SHTF scenario the G23 mags will fit my 27, but now wfter getting the G30 the grip on it feels perfect... but Iv never carried .45 always been a .40 guy... so should i just stick with the .45 and leave the 23 as a bedside gun? :confused::confused:

ah the dance begins...

i was where you were at...and it took me...5 years to gain any sanity on this situation. Basically, have two guns you like to carry comfortably for long periods of time. One should be a gun you love to shoot, it always goes to the range with you. The other being the super concealable one you don't mind shooting (so you actually don't mind bringing it to the range and practicing with it). Then you can build your carry setup outward from there (BBQ gun, Hiking Gun, bump in the night back pocket gun, etc...) after you have all that, if you decide to start competing with bells and whistles, race guns get built...

for i.e., I carry my P2000 at 23ounces unloaded almost 80% of the time. the 20% i need deep ccw concealment, i go to a kahr pm9. But there's never a day I say, the p2000 is too heavy or too much of a burden to carry. That being said, I'd love to carry a Glock 36 for those days I just need something in between the P2000 and the pm9 with a little extra 'umpf'.

Never really given much thought. I was practically born with a 1911 in my hand. Have always shot .45acp. My introduction to S&W autos was the sigma, I really hated
it. Never shot a Glock that I liked. Never shot a Sig I didn't like. (haven't shot a p250 yet.)
I was raised with the 1911, that is what I stick with. I like Colt revolvers as well for woods carry and fishing. Really have no experience with any Ruger Auto's, haven't had any issues with their wheel guns.

Would love a DE in .50AE

For me it comes down to what I am wearing. I go with my best S&W M&P45 this time year. Hot days, my pocket gun, 21a. My best CCW is colt defender.

I posted this one before but there was a guy that worked at a gun shop in Tacoma that couldn't decide,so he always had 2 on him.With about 100 rounds.
This doubled his body weight.

Isn't there one you shoot better than the others?

Only thing that makes a difference to me is if I may shoot an animal with it.In which case I want a "hunting legal" gun.

I am carrying my h&K 40 IWB, but i usually carry a 1945. but I have been letting my 40's become safe queens so I am being nice to them and carrying them for a bit.

I carry a Kel Tec P3AT with a waist clip installed almost all the time. It is thin, light weight, and actually shoots pretty accurately, if I do my part. It isn't the caliber most would choose, but the ease of carry makes it so that I always have it no matter what the occasion, weather, or whatever. I'd rather have a .380 if I need it, than not have my .45acp because it was too uncomfortable to carry that day.

It depends on what I'm wearing and where I'm going. XD-SC 9mm when printing is a concern. HK45 if I'm wearing enough layers or a coat to prevent printing or if I'm out somewhere where there aren't many people around.

Well this is easy for me since I only have one pistol at the moment RIA FS Tac IWB, when I first got it I thought how the **** would I hide that beast and with a full clip its a bit weighty but it hides better then i thought, still is a fatty though guess it takes after me

For me it's always been about 'what can I carry & easily conceal most of the time, and conceal with a little more difficulty the rest of the time', just so I can carry anytime/anywhere. So at the moment it's an SR9C... and since I just sold a different gun tonight (*see goofy off-topic note at end), at the moment it's the only gun I own, dang bills, car heater, Chrismas etc :D... but not the only gun for long, of course.... jeesh it's addictive, innit??

I reckon before long I'll pick up a TCP (over an LCP) 'cos they're so inexpensive & tiny, slide locks back when mag is empty, and concealment would never be a problem even on a small dude like me. And contrary to some internerd slaggin', friends who have 'em are pretty stoked on them & have had no troubles-- after a realistic break-in of a couple hundred rounds, of course. Granted, I'm talking about only 2 friends who have 'em... the P3AT seems pretty sweet too... and the LCR, since I've yet to own a revolver... ah it never ends!

Heck maybe I can turn my cane into an AK, customized so the magazine is the handle :s0114: That'd be a conversation starter on Tri-Met...

(* goofy end note: woohoo! I did my 1st deal through the classifieds here! Sorry to get off topic but I'm happy.)

Last Edited:
What goes with my shoes?

Shop shoes= .38 ultra light.

goin to town shoes= .38 UL as BU to Ultra carry 2

going out of town shoes= .38 UL as BU to UC2 with New York reload for UC 2.

bike boots= .357 LCR for BU to 2 UC2's

hunting boots= .38 UL as BU to .40 DA/SA

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews