JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry a S&W 649 Bodyguard. In colder weather, when I can wear more concealing garments, I carry OWB in a Galco pancake holster. In warmer weather I use a Galco Royal Guard IWB. I also have a half-assed non-descript pocket holster that I use occasionally but I don't trust it as much as the two belt holsters.

I have a 442 in nickle that I carry occasionally in perceived-lower-risk situations. Usually I carry an auto.

In hot summer, I pocket carry in a Mika, since I usually dress with shirt tucked in fully. I have tried at least a dozen pocket holsters. The Mika is the best and among the cheapest.

I am not a fan of so-called "tuckable" holsters", as they are not designed for men of action, such as myself.

When I can shirttail-out or cover with a fleece vest, I use a IWB Milt Sparks SS. This is a Very well made and comfortable rig.

I also carry the Smith around my property (a generally safe rural area) where full concealment isn't a big concern. OWB in a Kramer leather paddle. This rig is exceptionally comfortable. Comfortable enough for yard work and other chores around the ranchette.

I carry a S&W 642 and S&W 60. They both fit in my IWB Bell Charter Oak leather holster or in my Uncle Mikes IWB synthetic soft fabric holster. I also have a Fobus paddle holster if I have a baggy enough and long enough shirt/coat.

Last Edited:
S&W 640 in a pocket holster, speed strip with +P loads ready to go, Kershaw folder, SF light, cellphone-local PD on speed dial, notepad & pen & comon sense to stay out of trouble.

+2 on the Mika pocket holsters, very well made and affordable. I also have a hi ride Bianchi. The nice thing about pocket carry is if you sense something alarming you can put a hand on your gun without drawing any attention to yourself.

My every-day carry piece is a J-frame 640. I use a High Noon Holsters "hidden ally" IWB holster and I carry at 6:00 in the small of my back. I'm right-handed so I ordered a left-hand holster. Its comfortable and conceals nicely. I also carry a pair of Bianchi speed strips in my right front pocket to give me two quick reloads.

Do you just hook it on the belt and use it owb?

Dual shoulder rigs from Ted Blocker. The second gun is not for a weak hand only shoot, it's to balance the weight and because I doubt my ability to reload faster than drawing the second gun.
I hate stuff pulling my pants down and I can reach these when I am seated.

S&W 442. I use an uncle mikes in the pants holster with the clip cut off. The material its made of is thin and flexable enough to be comfortable and also acts as a protective sheeth while keeping the gun from slipping down the front of my pants. It also works in my pocket and stays in there if i draw. You should give it a try, they're cheap so if you don't like carrying with it you'll have a sheeth to store it in. Size 36 is perfect fit to a 2" 5 shooter and its symetrical so right or left will both work if your cutting the clip off. Good luck finding what you like!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top