JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know there's plenty of members who carry a j-frame smith or equivalent snubbie on a daily basis. I'm new to conceal carry, and am vascillating(sp.) between pocket carry and IWB.
So before I go spend more money, how do you carry your j-frame and why?
Thanks-
Curtis

IMHO...........
I find IWB is a lot easier to get at in a surprise or emergency.
Pocket carry (IN a Holster!) does (most likely) avail itself to not being discovered (if that is a worry).
Question, is, can you get at it in your pocket IF and WHEN your struggling with an opponent?
I find it more difficult.

On occasion........... :D I have carried it in the pocket, but only as a third gun (don't ask why I went there) and occasionally during more "formal attire" occasions I have worn it on my ankle (I hate wearing that formal stuff! not the gun! :s0114:)

Considering my EDC is either my G29 or my G30 (IWB), my 'J' frame truly is my BUG (I do however like that little thing!)

I don't carry a j frame on a daily basis preferring to carry larger semi-auto pistols with additional magazines. I do carry a j frame once or twice a week though and I use a horsehide pocket holster in my strong side front pocket on those occasions. It hides well, is convenient to get to and only requires one hand.

My every-day carry piece is a J-frame 640. I use a High Noon Holsters "hidden ally" IWB holster and I carry at 6:00 in the small of my back. I'm right-handed so I ordered a left-hand holster. Its comfortable and conceals nicely. I also carry a pair of Bianchi speed strips in my right front pocket to give me two quick reloads.

S&W 642 - pocket carry in a DeSantis Nemisis holster. Depending on what I'm wearing, sometimes it will be in front pocket of my coat, sometimes front pocket of my pants, sometimes in back pocket of my pants.

Model 642 or 340, depends on how I feel :)
Desantis Nemesis holster, front right pocket. You'd be surprised how often your hand is there anyway. However, this is useless while driving your car, so it goes into a kydex holster that is velcroed to the transmission hump. Simple.

J frame in a OWB pancake. I have used a IWB with both my 1911 and J frame and much prefer to use the OWB if possible, depending on clothing. Which ever you decide, make sure to spend plenty of time practicing your draw until it becomes natural and smooth. Then practice more. BTW, don't practice with ammo in the gun or room. Better yet, buy a blue gun and use that for drawing practice. You should have one anyway that matches your carry gun. Good luck!

tucker owb pancake or sometimes i just stash the jframe in my back pocket when i head to the corner market. i suppose getting a nemesis would be a good idea.

i'll have to try that trick dalexbouv

I bought my 642 specifically for pocket carry. my normal carry gun is an XD in an IWB holster but I can't conceal it to my liking during summer months when I'm just wearing a tshirt and jeans/shorts. During these months the 642 goes in the pocket in a Mika holster.

I carry a Chief's special M-36 J frame in a Mika pocket holster http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/

This slips easily into the front pocket of my jeans or the breast pocket of my jacket - and the holster NEVER comes out on the draw. They are well made by a good guy and cost about $20.

This is a good way to carry for most occasions, but accessing the pocket while driving is a problem.

I have a Don Hume IWB clip-on holster - but one one occasion it popped off my belt and fell to the ground - so I don't trust it any more.

My next purchase will be a good IWB holster that fastens securely to my belt.

Depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing, I carry either a 2.5" S&W Mod. 19, or a 2" Mod. 36. I have Galco Speedmaster holsters for both. OWB, pancake style, form fitting, no retention strap. I can run carrying in this method with no problems at all.

Just in the pocket with an uncle mike's pistol pocket.

000_0126.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads