JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Or snowshoeing, or cross country skiing? Just got my CHL, planning on some snow time this winter. My packs are generally heavy enough that I need to use the waist strap for hiking/skiing, so that means that IWB/OWB carrying is out. I could strap it to the pack's waist strap, but then I take my pack off during a snack break and walk away to look at something and my gun is away from me and unattended. How do you do it?

I have noticed backback straps tend to ride high. OWB seems to work just fine for me. A holster that is slightly offset and doesn't ride so close to the body will allow the strap to sit behind the gun.

I have noticed backback straps tend to ride high. OWB seems to work just fine for me. A holster that is slightly offset and doesn't ride so close to the body will allow the strap to sit behind the gun.

^^^ This. If it is just a day pack I have one with thinish straps and I can just tuck them behind the gun with normal holsters. Otherwise you could get a thigh holster or just a holster with a little bit more drop. The maker from this thread makes holsters specifically for hiking with. RugerForum.com :: View topic - Custom GP 100 Holster

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top