JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently picked up a Glock 43 to carry when my outfit wont allow me to carry something thicker like my G19 or G26. I am curious though how are you guys that carry small single stack pistols like the 43 carrying a spare magazine?

With the double stack Glocks like the 19 and 26 I just carry a 21 round extended magazine in my left pocket. Its length and the fact that I keep that pocket empty make that manageable with the magazine staying relatively consistently placed. With the g43 magazine being so small (see picture) it really has a tendency to disappear in my pocket. My current plan is to try out one of the Moduloader Pocket Shields from raven concealment and using a small magazine pouch to secure the magazine that way. But I am open to other options if anyone has any tricks they like.
<broken link removed>

IMG_20170616_135853.jpg

I have always used a pocket for the most part. Have at times used a pouch that goes on the belt but mostly just a pocket. The pocket shield looks like a nice addition if you want to try it. Many I have known over the years use a case that is made for a knife. Just get one that's the right size and use that on a belt. The pouches I use now and then are originally made for a knife. Have even seen cases used for a cell phone used. Anything that will clip to a belt and hold the mag seems to work fine.

I find the coin pocket in most jeans serves well to hold diminutive single stack magazines.

I've been known to utilize blackberry cases to carry a pair of XDs magazines, weak side.
A lefty by chance? The only issue I run into with that is the coin pocket is on the right side make it difficult to reach with the left hand (for me being right handed the left is obviously what I will be grabbing spare magazines with.)

A lefty by chance? The only issue I run into with that is the coin pocket is on the right side make it difficult to reach with the left hand (for me being right handed the left is obviously what I will be grabbing spare magazines with.)

A simple answer for that would be any dry cleaner that does alterations. Have them sew another pocket in on the left side. You could have it any size you want.

IMG_0557.JPG I use a Leatherman tool pouch, on my belt, off side. It carries two spare mags for my Ruger LCP, back to back. As you can see it's very unobtrusive. You can buy them at the Leatherman Store in Cascade Station.

I find the coin pocket in most jeans serves well to hold diminutive single stack magazines.

I've been known to utilize blackberry cases to carry a pair of XDs magazines, weak side.
Well darn, and here I thought that pocket was for pocket watches. :D I've noticed most of the watch pockets on my jeans aren't big enough for a magazine, so I just put them in my empty pocket.

If I'm carrying my LCP the spare mag goes in the front left pocket. If I'm carrying my 9mm shield the spare mag goes in my back left pocket. Only problem so far is that the magazine will leave an impression in the pocket of the jean after several months of carrying; kinda like the circle dip cans leave on guys pockets except this one is more in style.

Yep I use a leatherman pouch too. And I carry a Glock 43 it's perfect no one takes a second look at leatherman pouchs and they are cheap
Leatherman pouch X3...For my LCP2 mag I use the leather sheath w/snap from an original leatherman that I lost 20 years ago.. I tried the newer velcro and nylon pouch from my wingman, but it rides to high on my belt and rubs the love handles.. the leather pouch is perfect. I also repurposed the velcro pouch that came with a Fenix flashlight I have mounted on my carbine. It's the perfect size for a G17 mag, and it attaches nicely to the moly webbing on my get home bag strap. My LCP2 has been at Ruger for repair for the last couple weeks and I still strap the spare on my belt out of habit occasionally o_O IMG_2052.JPG

I know they sell just the pouches for leathermans at Sportsman's if you don't have one laying around.

Last Edited:
Most of us gun guys like knives as well. I use my knife sheaths as well as a flashlight sheaths. They work great are inconspicuous and free. My 938 mag's fit a Buck sheath perfect. The 2022 mag's in an Old Timer sheath and so on. Be creative and use what you have , if possible.

Fobus makes a great line of single and double magazine holders. Fairly cheap too. If you're carrying a man bag with a velcro panel Maxpedition makes gun holster and mag attachments that work nicely. I have them all.

IMG_20170617_085100.jpg

Well darn, and here I thought that pocket was for pocket watches. :D I've noticed most of the watch pockets on my jeans aren't big enough for a magazine, so I just put them in my empty pocket.
Well, being as frugal as I am, my jeans are all Kirkland brand, a size larger to accommodate iwb carry. That pocket is capable of hiding a Shield .45 seven round magazine. Here look...
image.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads