HighLine Firearms
Oregon Rifleworks
Defensive Arts
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Low Price Guns
DSG Arms
Southwest Firearms
Reactions
i was wondering if anyone out there bought a 50 in oregon an what you had to go threw. if its just like buying any other gun just a 10 dollor background check or if you have to fill out som atf formes an get the county sheriff to sign off?????????

Reactions
just like any other gun...if you can find a store that carries them you can buy one off the shelf just like any other rifle. If you order one online, it will have to go through a dealer as well.

Or if you find on for sale by private party you are gtg as well.

Reactions
Steps to buying:

1. Travel to nearest bank and extract large amounts of cash (likely without the approval of significant other)
  2. Withdraw more cash to pay for ammo, optics, etc.
  3. Drive to outskirts of town to find a retailer that carry's said .50 bmg (Keith's is the only placye i've seen them)
  4. Spend the next six months finding an outdoor spot to sight in and fire .50 cal bmg
  5. Make posts on this website wondering why local ranges don't allow them
  6. Place rifle in safe never to be used again

Personally I want one, but seem too impractical.

Reactions
Steps to buying:

1. Travel to nearest bank and extract large amounts of cash (likely without the approval of significant other)
  3. Drive to outskirts of town to find a retailer that carry's said .50 bmg (Keith's is the only placye i've seen them)
  4. Spend the next six months finding an outdoor spot to sight in and fire .50 cal bmg

The usual outdoor spots like brown's camp, salmonberry, and other should be fine. Why *don't* most ranges allow them anyway? Douglas Ridge has a 1000yd rifle range that would be pretty cool to practice on. Is it just the noise? Surely it doesn't penetrate all the way through the hills/berms.

Reactions
Unless you're referring to a machine gun and just failed to provide that little bit of information, I'd question whether or not you *should* own a .50.

Reactions
No, that one was pretty directed.

Anyway, I already own mine. And I bought mine in Oregon from the best shop to buy them from. Or any rifle, for that matter.

Reactions
haha - I keep hearing nightmare stories about that place. I almost want to visit to see the carnival.

Seriously, though, I buy my long guns from Sully @ Blackwater Tactical.

parallax

Reactions
Steps to buying:

:s0114:

LOL how true. they have a .50 bmg or two here in eugene for sale at the barons den. bring lots of money.

Reactions
Wants and practicality rarely go hand-in-hand. When I brought my M107 home I got the, "why do you need something like that?" My response was, "I don't need it. I want it. Totally different animal."

Just like I didn't need to buy another AR-type rifle, but I wanted one, so......yeah.

Reactions
Steps to buying:

Find farmer that has a big hill 2000yds across his pasture?

Reactions
i was wondering if anyone out there bought a 50 in oregon an what you had to go threw. if its just like buying any other gun just a 10 dollor background check or if you have to fill out som atf formes an get the county sheriff to sign off?????????

I think they have two semi-automatic 50's at Sporty's in Clatskanie Oregon. I have seen him bring in Barrett's and Bushmaster...Good luck!

Southwest Firearms Forum
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Cerberus Training Group
DSG Arms
Sporting Systems
Project Appleseed
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
NW Custom Firearms

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads