JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Made a cappuccino.

3AC38C2D-C550-4A64-8104-13827B9A2666.jpeg

I prefer "Taster's Choice" Instant coffee. I used to use 'C' ration instant with their creamer and sugar. It was better than the dark weak tea the mess tent passed off as coffee. I went to buy better coffee latter and tried many "Boiling" coffees (You might call it regular...Hill's, MJB, etc.) but I was used to instant by this time. I tried a bunch of them too and at that time the strongest was "Taster's Choice"

Since then there are many more and stronger choices but I am used to regular "Taster's Choice" but now and again I use some stronger and I have tried and found "Black Rifle" boiling coffee to be okay I guess. I use fake sugar these days. "Sugar Twin" is my favorite of them.

Light roast Columbian 4 heaping tablespoons to the pot. Drip. Nothing fancy just good coffee to start. Unless you have a $1000 roll mill at home buy your coffee pre ground.

You dont ever get even kernel size with a blade grinder. Most , if not all home grinders will give terrible extraction. I used to work for Big Mean Green in Seattle and others in the industry at their roasting plants . You cannot beat the grind or consistency that a well set up roll grinder provides.

If that's how you want to try it sure?

Don't need a grinder to make good coffee. No need for pre-ground either, I stopped getting pre-ground coffee the moment I started using the old pestle and mortar.

If you want to use a grinder, or just get pre-ground that is fine. But there are options.

There are but getting consistent kernel size is impossible with a blade style and especially a mortar and pestle. Fines are worse than large pieces. Large chunks at least don't pass through and leave mud in the pot and cup. Neither gives good extraction rates. You end up using more to get a cup of coffee or with a gritty cup of coffee . Lots of time and research into the perfect cup of coffee. Spent years cupping every morning . Its a miracle I still drink the stuff.

Arguing with people who know what they are talking about is the joy of youth. There are 7-8 things I know how to do really well. There are 2-3 things I know as much about as anyone alive including top experts in the field . Beer is one. Coffee and especially the grinding and packaging of ground coffee is another ( as odd as that sounds can be much more difficult than it sounds. Even got paid a really high consultant rate for years doing it. ) .

Last Edited:
Arguing with people who know what they are talking about is the joy of youth.
Oh there's one of those sayings. Then what brings the joys of ignoring context?

Your argument is for me to start getting pre-ground again. I've had better coffee just from grinding it on my own. Convince me that pre-ground is better despite it tasting better doing it my way.

I ate a bag of chocolate covered expresso beans one evening yrs ago. Needless to say, sleep was not found that night. :confused:
Its on my never again list.

I used to get 5 lb bags of those at SBC. They'd last me about a week. Showed up to work at 5 ish. By noon I'd have consumed 8-10 16 oz cups of Colombian. Sometimes (2-3 times a week) I'd stop by the local minit mart and buy 2-3 turbo truffles and eat those for lunch with a bag of doritos. Generally I'd stop drinking coffee when my chest started hurting. 3 hours later I'd fall asleep on the ferry ride to Kitsap from Vashon. 2 lbs of coffee free at work a week too. Went to the doc for a physical once. He asked me how much coffee I drank. I told him I had cut back to 1/2 gallon a day. He told me thats the first time he had heard anyone express their coffee consumption in percentages of a gallon. "What, I cut back !".

Now its two 16 Oz diet rock stars on the way to work and one after noon . I love that stuff. Two cups of coffee in the morning during meetings.

See the screen name.

Buy whole bean coffee online from local roaster, grind beans, boil water, brew using french press. Takes 5 minutes and has a rich flavor and aroma that is hard to beat.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top