JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Liberty safe of Oregon makes battery powered LED lights for your safe. They are held up in the corners with the pins. Motion activated so the batteries last forever. I have had mine for almost 6 months and haven't replaced the batteries. I am in my safe at least once a day if not twice. ;)

I like the new Liberty safe lights. I have the old round ones that I bought from Cabela's 4 or more years ago now. I have carpet so I just used glue and Velcro to hold the LED lights in place. One LED is motion activated when I open the safe and the other is by a shelf that I manually turn on if I want. The motion sensor batteries go dead but new batteries the LEDs are very bright and then a months go by they get dimmer and dimmer. Once the LEDs get really dim I replace that batteries.

I like the new Liberty safe lights. I have the old round ones that I bought from Cabela's 4 or more years ago now. I have carpet so I just used glue and Velcro to hold the LED lights in place. One LED is motion activated when I open the safe and the other is by a shelf that I manually turn on if I want. The motion sensor batteries go dead but new batteries the LEDs are very bright and then a months go by they get dimmer and dimmer. Once the LEDs get really dim I replace that batteries.

That is exactly what I do ;)

I wired up the led's and used a door mag switch, works well, though my only proof the lights go out is using a video camera, it's slightly unnerving to never see the light go out or some on :)

Changing the question now, to where the best places for lights are, i like to keep them out the way, so they're all currently stuck to the inside of the front face of the safe, facing towards the back.

This is mostly great, except some of the long guns create self shadows, so i'm wondering about adding additional down lighting under the barrel stands, along the back wall, pointing directly down?

I put four lights in my safe. one running verticly and one running horizontal in each of the front top corners. I get some shadowing but not enought to add extra lights in the back. As I get older that might have to change :D

I use this type of magnetic tape, just stick this to the back of the light, magnet side will hold through carpet.

Adhesive Mag Strip, 15 Ft. L, 1/2 In W
  • Item# 23PA67
  • Mfr. Model# 7518
  • Catalog Page# N/A
  • UNSPSC# 44111908
23PA67_AS01?$mdmain$.jpg Product Images?
Compare
List Price $6.28 / each
Get This Price

$5.02

I'm trying to work out the best way to attach LED strips to the inside of my safe.

My current idea, is on the inside of the frame, facing the back to safe, so hidden, however that surface is the same "carpet" material as the rest of the safe, which won't take regular tape adhesive.

Has anyone overcome this before, and/or have any good ideas for attaching LED strips?
Late to the thread here but I purchased a 1 - 1/2 " strip of Velcro and the bought 'zip tie' like strips to tie down the rope lights as the go around the safe.

The screws they give you are crap, toss em out.

IMG_20170515_222941.jpg

Not the greatest picture, this was to show something else, I haven't actually taken a nice after pic as I still want to add one more row of lights.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top