JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ammo, Powder & Primers are in cans.
I tried the bins, got rid if them. Always some oddball but similar thing that won't fit, plus, stuff got dusty.
Made a cabinet of drawers but labeling always seemed inadequate so spent too much time opening and closing drawers looking for stuff. It's been moved to the shop for fasteners and nails, with what's in them glued to the front.
Finally went to cigar boxes and old small humidors. (it helps to smoke cigars) They had been stacking up empty and taking up space for years any way.
They come in variety of sizes. Most are wood and some paper. They look cool, I can readily associate what's in them since most are unique. I also use the many gun boxes I've acquired for grips, worthless manuals and documentation and other gun related body parts. :s0145:

Those are sure pretty and I use a number of mtm products, but just stacking my magazines, I can get 3 times the number in the same sized box. :p

My problem is....Finding a secure place to store the boxes when they're full...:confused:

For the gun safe I use LIFO (last in first out) which means that the one I had out last is in front. (that means that I don't organize it at all) Since I live in the boonies and may be called upon to shoot a raccoon or a coyote out the bedroom window, I keep a few loaded magazines on the safe's shelf.

The top of my safe is the "lazy zone" and approximates a kitchen junk drawer with extra magazines and miscellaneous crap. My safe is mounted 6" off the walls in a corner so I stash gun cases next to it.

For everything else I have a cabinet like this. Top shelf has all my hunting valuables and my cleaning toolbox. second has smaller quantities of ammo and miscellaneous stuff. The bottom three are full of large plastic ammo cans that are labeled with their caliber or bulk boxes of ammo. I have a nice label machine at work but blue tape and a Sharpie will do just as well.

Some less frequently used cases are on top of this cabinet. I have a high shelf above this that has a tote for leather, holsters, etc. and another for manuals, take off parts and the like. A cardboard box next to that holds empty boxes that I want to keep from scopes, GPS, handguns, etc.

I have a stack of totes that I use for hunting stuff that live next to this cabinet. They are mouse proof as long as they are closed and are very easy to access and pack. They provide at least a modicum or organization I don't have to search for my stuff every October.

Akro-ALC-Gray.jpg

I have another cabinet in the shop next to the reloading bench with brass, bullets, powder, etc.
steel-office-furniture-309.jpg

When I was single, of course, I organized my little cache of weapons around my place so I was basically covered no matter what part of the house I was at. Of course....then I got married, and that all changed, LOL. Then we had our daughter and now everything's locked up in a safe - so that's that :) Heh heh.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top